General Dance Discussion > Comp Results of DFers

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by elisedance, Jan 21, 2008.

1. elisedance

elisedance New Member

The more I work the more energy I seem to have for dancing - I suppose thats no surprise, at least up to a point. Fatigue simply wasn't a factor this time. Thats not so say we didn't have a few screw ups - but I guess this time we were lucky the judges weren't looking our way. And besides, I think everyone seems to feel that after a heat.

One good thing was the enormous floor - reall helps the tall couples to be able to move.

2. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Congrats and123 & elisedance!!!

3. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

wow!!! I love enormous floor too!!! but sometimes huge floor like blackpool makes you feel so small so insignificant:( really need to move well to catch attention.

4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

well, in the tano DP didn't always adapt to the richness of space and at one point we were going against the flow of traffic as it were. Whats a good follower to do? Well close your eyes and follow - and pray...

5. elisedance

elisedance New Member

oh - and thanks Sam and SD :) A good outing just makes you feel great for ages...

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

your stride must be impressive to behold! :D

7. elisedance

elisedance New Member

indeed, moonwalker, I have to be careful I don't step right over the adjudicator's diaz..

8. jwlinson

jwlinson Member

Congrats! You got to hog all the glory then, didn't you :D

9. elisedance

elisedance New Member

yes - and even better to :p DP about it for the rest of the evening :)

10. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Just saw this...nice job! When is your next comp???

11. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Yale this Saturday. Gonna dance Silver and Gold Standard, plus Silver Smooth minus Foxtrot, which is the only dance I've technically pointed out of. We need to clean up our dancing a bit, plus I need to recognize and follow his "oh crap!" steps better, and we'll be fine :cool:

12. elisedance

elisedance New Member

First day of competing at OSB is over - pro/am in open gold and gold star singles. Well, its not a good idea to learn 5 routines in a month and try them out at OSB :oops: The open gold was not good - I screwed up in tango and QS - the only dance that felt good was VW. I almost quit at that point but coach encouraged me to stay in for the gold star. I'm glad I did because even though I did not get any call backs - the dancing felt way better. The difference (internally) was that I stopped trying to remember the routines and instead focused on following. Still wasn't perfect, even in the steps but at least I did not feel totally out of place out there. I hope I didn't look it...

By the way, in case you haven't figured this out the pro/am standard is way way high. There are couples in pre-bronze that could easily be in silver or even gold (technically) at a medium sized comp. Its also really neat to see the stars - for me not really the famous now retired (competition) pros but the top pro/AMs, the ones that always apear in TIbors pictures :).

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Ftfy.

14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

:cool::bouncy::banana::cheers: all I'm gonna say

15. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Sounds like a congratulations are in order!

16. Rugby

Rugby Member

Good job ED. As long as you had a good time and enjoyed the experience then it was a success no matter what the results.

17. BallandChange

BallandChange Member

I took my 4 totally New Open Gold Standard Routines (W,T, Q & FT), along with my VW, on the floor with my new Pro and made the finals of the Men's Open Standard Championship C Division so I am pleased.

18. mamboqueen

Congrats to all!

I didn't place at all, but danced far better than I did a month ago (thankfully I got that nasty experience out of my system). I had a really good time...and was quite impressed with the level of pro/am dancing. Not sure how I'll ever catch up...but it certainly was nice to watch!

19. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

So I had a great week too. Cantski got second in the Open A Smooth. He also got second in the Mens Gold & Open A Standard, he won the Mens Silver A standard, and Dexter won the Mens Bronze C standard. As well as both winning almost ever single dance in standard and smooth. Paul won a bunch of his single smooth dances, beating out a guy that he never has before.

I got a top teacher award, which is nice since with only 3 guys and not doing every style, I know I securely won on points and not just sheer volume of entries.

Dancing in the Superbowl was fun. I took a bunch of video throughout the event I will post later.

20. mamboqueen

Speaking of videos...my brand new computer just ate my dvd from the event. I can eject, but the dvd is stuck in there. I thought briefly about trying to get it out, but I think I'll wait for the Dell man to help me. *oy*