Swing Discussion Boards > "Contact"

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Swingolder, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

I have been reading these posts for a while and don't remember any comments on the Broadway musical "Contact." I saw it on PBS a while back, bought the CD, got a copy of of the show and now am waiting for it to come to town as part of a broadway muscial series.

I thought the dancing in it was terrific, especially the third segment, with dancing to Benny Goodman, the Beach Boys, Squirrel Nut Zippers, etc. I was wondering what everyone else thought of it.

2. etchuck

etchuck New Member

It's going on tour, and I have my season subscription ticket (promissory ticket anyway) to see it. I wish I could have seen it when I was in New York for business at the Lincoln Center.

P.S. No, this is NOT about the book by Carl Sagan that became a movie starring Jodie Foster.

3. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

I checked the internet and it is coming to Kansas City this January. I think a road trip to KC is in my plans.

4. etchuck

etchuck New Member

According to the season series website that I'm subscribed to, Contact comes in February.

This year's series for me here is very dance loaded. Bring in da Noise..., Contact, Grease, and The Full Monty. Plus apparently we have a solid dance-only series going on this year. I wish I could go to all of it but that would come at the expense of ME going dancing. :?