Tango Argentino > control emotions in close embrace

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by aaah, Dec 20, 2007.

1. The Bear

The Bear New Member

Or alternatively;

When you dance close with an attractive woman immediately think to yourself this: "I'm ugly as hell but she's dancing up close - my dancing must be great! Maybe I'm in with a chance after all! Game on!"

When you dance close with an unattractive woman immediately think to yourself this: "Hey, you know, she's ugly as hell but she likes to dance close so she's obviously easy! Game on!"

I would seriously like to disassociate myself from anything my fingers may have typed during the course of this post. Thank you.

2. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Ha, ha, ha. Fellow Brit wit. 'king Ace!!

3. Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey New Member

Brilliant!
    :cheers:

4. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

No, what I would do is take this OP's comment with a pinch of Saxa as he's clearly taking the p*ss and I can't believe people are actually giving him airspace. God, I hope so. I'd hate to think blokes are thinking "tents" when they dance with me. Uggghhh!!! It's bad enough having a cute gynaey. Happy Chrimbo huns!! :cheers:

5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

What if they were fantastic dancers, and fantastic to dance with?

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Ever heard the phrase "all cats are grey in the dark?" How about "all women look the same in the dark?"

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

but they dont feel the same mister

8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Is that the UK equivalent of the US "f---ing A?"

9. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

BIG difference between the guy who asks the fantastic dancers to dance, versus the one who always finds the hot young newbie. Yes, we can tell.

10. calandra

calandra New Member

The title of this thread made me laugh. I had trouble “controlling my emotions in close embrace” recently at a pre-milonga class where I didn’t know anyone. The first thing we were supposed to do was stand and hug each other. I was partnered with some random guy who immediately took me a full-body, clausterphobic bear hug where I could not breathe, then he tried to push with his lower bits to get me to walk backwards, and then stopped and still holding me in that position had the nerve to say: “Oh, you’re not used to close embrace then.” He then called the instructor over to correct me (of course all was fine and perfectly relaxed in CE with the instructor). I had difficulty keeping my mouth shut and controlling my urge to clock the guy and walk off.

11. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oh....wow...I'm so sorry you had an experience like that. Yeah...um, definitely a creep. Lower bits generally don't come in contact. I've done the group class exercise of standing and hugging. It's...interesting.

12. Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey New Member

I've never really worried about the chest-thing - it's the face-thing that used to freak me out. I mean, it's just so intimate, hearing someone's breathing...

Oh and:
    Well, thanks for sharing that with us, that's warmed my cockles... :p

13. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Yeah. Ha, ha, ha. :applause:

14. aaah

aaah Member

Okay you've got me mad now and I have a temper to match tango. Sorry, you can't handle some honesty. You have no right to assume anything about me as I can say so very much about you and your post.

Oyyyy! At times like this I regret saving their butts during WWII. Please speak English. What is a "gynaey" anyway... makes me cringe to think of what this may be.

Any way, calming down... we really don't know each other or anyone else here so ....

Can't we all just get along!!:?

15. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Is this with your beer goggles on or off? :D

16. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Honey, you didn't save my personal butt. And you know what. It was the Russians who saved all our arses when they went into Germany and split the country into two halves, thus weakening their defences. Lest we forget. But moving on, if your post was genuine and not just a tongue in cheek (as I'd truly hoped) then - I am afraid for you. Here's a tip: try viewing women as a bit more than a piece of meat. Not just a size zero or a size 22. Not just 16 of 66. There's a mind as well that comes with their body. Emotions and feelings and, like men, don't want to be judged by their external alone. If I can dance with a woman and give her a good time for what she does rather than what she looks like then you can.

There! Lecture over.

17. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Oh, and before I forget...

Argentine Tango is one of THE most complicated dances, and take a LOOONG time to learn and be good at. Be patient.

Its not a matter of step memorization. Its a matter of "Tango connection." There have been many many posts talking about this before, and it is the core of AT.

18. aaah

aaah Member

Sorry but you do come across as very smug ... and apparently like to indulge in offensive statements. Rather it is I who am afraid for you. Most of the male posts here suggested that they have had the same issues or were even still dealing with it. Is this 'a men are form mars and women are from venus' instance. Thanks to the good people who posted here, I recieved good advise and will think differently in the future. I'll leave you with a bit of advise, people are'nt born great, they make up their minds to become great.

Good advise too bad it's buried under so much annimosity. You should know that we are not all the same ... you have some attributes but I have some too. I am open minded and seek to improve myself in all ways, ..but I am also human.

We all can learn from one another, so open your mind because there are "none as blind as those who will not see". End of my lecture.

19. aaah

aaah Member

On a slightly different note, I may take some privates. What would you recommend to a relative newbie (1 yr). Moving in close embrace is hard for me without stepping on toes or would working on some open style basics be better. I only have $300 to spend so need to max out on it.

20. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Granted, lower bits can be in contact in a close ballroom tango hold, but yeah, suspect he was just a creep. Careful placement of a knee can fix those problems. :) (only suggest it because I know it couldn't ahve been me, as it's the ballroom tango hold that I was talking about when I said I couldnt' do closed hold :) )