General Dance Discussion > Cool Dance Music Videos

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by pygmalion, Sep 7, 2003.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Okay. We've beat the dance movies topic to death. Now, how about music videos? Anything out there that has cool dance moves you've just gotta try?

2. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

The other night I saw some brian setzer, cherry poppin daddies, big bad voodoo daddies, lou bega videos and it made me want to learn more swing. I hate to admit it but I also watch the tv mas aka telemundo (spanish channel) to see the music performances where they usually have dancers. I also like the music videos for the same reason :shock: :D

3. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

What kind of dancing are we talking about?

4. pygmalion

Any kind will do. For example, I like beat it, by Michael Jackson. Maybe the group dance scenes are a little predictable now (although they were innovative at the time), but the isolations are killer!

Anything you like, as long as it has dancing in it.

5. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Ginuwine's - 'So Anxious' The man can dance...period!

Janet - 'That's The Way Love Goes' Janet AND J-Lo jamming in the same video :shock:

Michael Jackson - 'Remember the Times' Personally it's my favorite MJ video along with 'Scream'

6. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

I like Usher's videos, I like the way he dances.

7. pygmalion

I like Usher period! :D

Speaking of videos with cool dance moves, has anyone seen the large-format film Pulse, a Stomp Odyssey? Mostly abuot the universality of music. But there's a flamenco dance scene that is truly beautiful. A flamenco dancer whose name I can't remember, standing on a roof in the desert.

That woman epitomizes using one's body as a musical instument, through dance. Anyody see it, other than me?

8. d nice

d nice New Member

Must give mad props to the originator of the dance music video... Michael Jackson.

Janet Jackson (just about everything), Usher (just about everything), Ginuwine Missy Elliot, Mya - My Love is Like Wo, KOS - Supertar Pt. 1, B2K - Bump, Bump, Bump, Marquess Houston, Kid -N- Play (yes I'm going old school), and Justin Timberlake (yeah I said it, you wanna make something of it?). 8)

9. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

:wink: :D :D :D

10. dancersdreamland

Slave 4 U (Miss BS)...VMAs a couple years ago...VMA performance is better than the video, but you just gotta love the belly dance.

11. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Justin's music and dancing are tight, I ain't mad at you! :lol:

12. pygmalion

Hey. Everybody's entitled to an occasional lapse of judgement! :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. Justin's okay by me. Perhaps a little over confident, but then, considering where he is at this stage of life, I guess he's entitled. :D

13. dancersdreamland

I feel it is important to note that dancing credit for each of the videos shoudl also given to the choreographers...not sure who Usher's and Justin's currenty choreos are. BS's "Slave" video and VMA performance were choreographed by Wade Robson.

14. pygmalion

Hey dd. Not sure why the different credits, but here's what I found for Usher's choreographer (google, of course! :lol: )

American Choreography Awards (October 20, 2002):
    ***Nomination*** Outstanding Achievement in Music Video: "U Don't Have To Call" - Usher
    (choreographers: Anwar Burton, Rosero McCoy & Jamal Sims, Devyne Stephens, Earl Wright, Russell Wright)

MTV Video Music Awards (August 29, 2002):
    ***Nomination*** Best Choreography: "U Don't Have To Call" - Usher (choreographer: Rosero)

15. dancersdreamland

:?: :?: :?:

Thanks for the info to the "credits." I was actually meaning we need to recognize the choreographers behind the videos and not just the dancers. While we're at it, we should also recognize the producer of the video as well...sometimes dance moves just seem so much cooler in different locations which are usually thought up by the producer.

Does that clear it up a little???? Hope so...

16. pygmalion

Yup. I understood from the beginning, but the googler and the moderator in me converged, and I had to look up the right answers. I knew where you were coming from. :D

Jenn

17. dancersdreamland

Got it...THANKS!!! :D

18. dancersdreamland

Welcome to the Forums, Walton!

19. wolfhazel

wolfhazel New Member

I LOVE Wade Robson ... his dancing is tight!
    In fact I record every single episode of The Wade Robson Project just to see some of his moves, and the contestants but mostly Wade. :)

20. dancersdreamland

Completely agreed! I love Wade!