Dancers Anonymous > Corrupt-a-wish!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by thespina13, May 24, 2007.

1. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Granted - except someone dropped the 's' on the order and send you nice new garden hoes with a very comfortable handles...

I wish for a job where my efforts are appreciated...

2. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Granted, but that job is cleaning up after the elephants in their enclosure at the zoo.

I wish I could focus on my work.

3. tj

tj New Member

You're extremely focused. Problem is that you've got 40 hours worth of work due by 5pm today.

I wish I hadn't eaten such a large lunch!

4. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

Granted! All you got was a single, sort of cold and rather mealy french fry you were able to steal off of someone else's plate .

I wish allergy season were over!

5. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

granted. you and other humans will not be allergic to any cats (and dance partners) until the next year ;)

i wish for an incorrigible and useful wish.

6. tj

tj New Member

Problem is, that was it.

I wish for something bad to happen.... (a malicious wish corrupted is a benevolent wish, no?)

7. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Granted, and it's all your fault.

I wish for world peace. :)

8. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Granted, except the reason it's so peaceful is because everyone has been anhilated (sp???) from global warming.

I wish I could fall asleep.

9. DancingForPassion

DancingForPassion New Member

Granted, you fall asleep but dream that you are awake and in a panic because you are late for work so you rush to get dressed and on the road. Then you realize its the weekend after you are halfway to work, but then really wake up with cold sweats and angry that you didn't have a good dream with hunky Italian guys. :rolleyes:

I wish I could fall asleep in the arms of a really nice guy on a beach in the Bahamas. :p

10. elisedance

elisedance New Member

granted, while driving home....

I wish I had a nose cosy (maybe we're getting desperate here)

11. DancingForPassion

Oops, cross post. Whats a nose cosy?

12. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Granted, but now you grow hair on your nose.

I wish to wake up early and clear-headed each morning.

13. DancingForPassion

Granted. You wake up early and clear-headed each morning but you have narcolepsy so you aren't awake for very long at any one time. Hey -at least you don't have Alzheimers.

back to my previous wish - I wish I could fall asleep in the arms of a really nice guy on a beach in the Bahamas. :razz:

14. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Unfortunately, you're in the Bahamas, a British colony and a 'guy' is short for Guy Fawkes who tried to blow up the houses of parliament and was burned at the stake. Each year Brits celebrate this event (on Nov 5th to be obsessive) with big bonfires on which they burn an effigy of Guy while setting off fireworks.

I'm gonna let you wake up with just singed hair though...

I wish I had a river to skate away on..... (with credit to Joni)

15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Oh, a nose cosy: its a knitted form that you put on your nose to keep it warm. Of course. There again I live in canada....

16. DancingForPassion

Granted, you are skating away (with your helmet on to be safe) and can't stop until you reach Antartica... and realize you didn't pack any food and are starving and want to be back home for your practice with your new AM partner ... Then you click your ruby-red (court shoe or latin) heels together and say "there's nowhere like home, there's nowhere like home..."

I wish that our collective wishes that benefit mankind could really come true (without being corrupted) .

17. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Granted. Sorry, I refuse to negate. Oh, alriight: mankind benefits but so does the rest of the Universe, aliens with far better resistance to war and waste take over the world and we get dumped on the evolutionary road to pefection.

Oh, I guess that really was quite a negation wasn't it.

I wish aliens had not really taken over the world (lets see what you do with THAT one).

18. DancingForPassion

Granted.The alien takeover was just the latest "War of the Worlds - Sequel 2007" movie. However, the "Angels of the universe" were watching the movie and decided to protect those of us who dance with "pure hearts" and granted us all our wish that we all can fly three inches off the floor during our quickstep routines.

therefore, I wish for safe airtime during my quickstep runs & hops :)

19. elisedance

elisedance New Member

:uplaugh::uplaugh::uplaugh::uplaugh:

Granted. Unfortunately you got caught in a windshear and blew over to the other competition dance floor that was doing the bolero....

Therefore, I wish for a new dance that is a high-impact cross between the quickstep and the bolero...

20. DancingForPassion

Granted. Sounds yummy, however, we have no music that can handle the beat changes from QS to Bolero or leaders who know how to lead the pattern & timing changes. Guess Fascination would want in on this with her love of Bolero. We'd have to call it QuickBol or StepEro or QuickEro or BolStep, nothing sounds too cool.

I wish for music for this new evolution of dance.