Ballroom Dance > Videos > Could you please let me know if you (dis)like this pasodoble version?

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Julllie, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Julllie

Julllie New Member

Could you please comment on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjoomSVb64c I am not on the video, so you can be as honest as you want :) I liked very much this pair, but the judges did not allow them to make it to the final, and, since I am not a professional, I would like to know whether their dance is as horrible as the score they got. :rolleyes:

2. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

They were good, but of course maybe the competition (which we can't see) was better.

3. Julllie

Julllie New Member

rbazsz, thank you for your comment! I have seen the competition, and I daresay they looked wonderful; particularly I like the final pose... I like the male dancer; dream of dancing with him. *sigh*

4. ViviDancer

ViviDancer Member

Personally, I find it a tiny bit too soft, perhaps emphasize certain movements a little more. And I can't feel the chemistry between him and his partner, especially at 1:18. Another part is when he was boxed in by the other competitors like at 0:54, it felt as if he shrunk a little as if he was intimidated by the other competitors.

But then again, those are my opinions, and I'm judging them based on professional standard Paso Doble. But their highlights and musicality as well as coordinations are all great to me :)

5. Julllie

Julllie New Member

ViviDancer, thank you!!! I wondered if "he was boxed" deliberately by other dancers to balance him off or not. At any rate, Ilya (the name of the dancer) overcame the situation and did not lose his stamina to finish the performance.

6. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Sometimes this occurs, but it was probably just an occurence. Most competitors are mindful of other on the floor, and are focused on their own dances.

7. Lya

Lya Member

I don't like the girl. Her shapes are bad, the timing is not clear and the rhythm is too less in her upper part.
    Sorry ... :eyebrow:

8. Julllie

Julllie New Member

Lya, honesty is something I highly appreciate, therefore thank you for your unbiased opinion. Can it be that the dress was off-balancing her somehow? What is your opinion of such attire in general? Can it be that the dress is underlying some errors?

9. Lya

Lya Member

Hi Julllie, i dont like her dress, thats true. But it shouldnt matter of what she is wearing. Melia (from Sergey Surkov) is always wearing such "fluffy" skirts. ;)
    watch?v=Xdn_c48ujAs

You could be right, she is not balanced on her balls. She stands in a straight line and doesnt uses her feet to transport her weight.
    I could be wrong, thats just my view. ;)