Swing Discussion Boards > Count down for the Reno Event

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by dancergal, Mar 22, 2004.

1. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Reno event this weekend!!!! :D :D Who's going and what day? When does everyone want to meet? How should we identify ourselves? Who's packed yet?? (not me) We are driving up there Thursday night. The weather man says a storm will be in on Friday!!! eeek! We'll probably see snow!!

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ACK!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm flying up Thursday morning, and Vince and Carolyn are driving up on Friday...

3. d nice

d nice New Member

I am very excited.

I'll be there Wednesday night. I am doing laundry tonight, packing tomorrow and leaving after my classes on Wednesday.

As to when to meet... How about Friday immediately following the opening ceremony. Say 6:45. We'll meet in the far right hand corner of the main room (as you walk in through the main doors).

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Sadly, I won't be there, after months of plotting and planning. I start a new job bright and early Monday morning, and I can't do both. :?

5. dancergal

dancergal New Member

oh no Jenn! I was so hoping to meet you there! :cry:

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yes. It's awful timing. But I need and want the job, so what can I do?

7. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Yeah Jenn, I can see where it's important starting a new job. We'll sure miss you. :cry: I'll bring a camera as I'm sure SD guy will too (duh) and take lots of pictures to share.

8. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Hope everyone who attends has a great time; would like to know how it went.

I think some local dancers are going to attend, but don't know just who.

9. SDsalsaguy

Ummm, I wasn't planning on it! :oops:

I've taken a bit of a pounding from life recently and thought I'd just go and dance without worrying about keeping an eye on my camera rig the whole time....

On a different note, any idea what happened to all of the social dancing Damon? On the current scedule it only looks like its sceduled for Thursday night... :shock: :(

10. ScottieK

ScottieK New Member

I'll be up there Thursday night for all the fun Reno can offer.

11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Yes, Care and I are heading out early Friday morning . . . hope to be there by noon.

Pam, I've met a couple of these guys and will gladly do the introductions. Is Wayne still going?

Damon . . . 6:45 in the R back corner sounds great to me . . . see you there. And, what about the social dancing? I was concerned about that as well . . .

Jonathan, I'll bring my digital if you want to leave your gear. I plan on getting lots of rest and relaxation this weekend by being on the dance floor. I think we have some s**t to get out of our brains?????????

I just alked to my neighbor who was there this past weekend . . . high 20's-low 30's, and it's supposed to cool down and rain there this weekend - maybe snow. So bring something warm if you have to go outside.

ScottieK and others . . . we'll see you there!!!!

Vince

12. d nice

d nice New Member

there will be plenty of social dancing... plenty. I'm working on the dj schedule, trust me, plenty of dancing.

Basically the entire time not schedule is all social dancing, and a lot of the time when there are things scheduled there will be music playing somewhere for people who want to dance.

I'd suggest packing an extra pair of legs... you're going to need them. :)

13. SDsalsaguy

Glad to hear that Damon... the original schedule I'd seen had social dancing Thursday, Friday, & Saturday nights -- in three rooms (for Lindy, WCS, & Salsa) *each* night! That was easily half of my draw...

14. d nice

d nice New Member

The way it'll work is that inbetween each of the comps there will be social dancing, and there will most likely be social dancing in at least one other room during the comps. The only time I know for sure that there won't be social dancing available is during the Show and during the day workshops.

15. alfborge

alfborge New Member

Make sure to film a lot, and I'd be happy to host the clips on my server if anyone want to put the clips on the internet. (No limit on space, and no limit on bw, so if you want to put it out, no need to encode to crappy quality (unless your upstream tells you to :)

16. SDsalsaguy

Well, that sounds a bit better... I'd just really liked the idea of having all three rooms/styles to choose between for social dancing.

17. SDsalsaguy

Wow Alf, thanks for that offer! Lets see if any of us bring a video camera/what we can do...

18. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Most of the venues that I have been to do not allow video cameras, especially if they (a vendor) are making and selling videos of the event.

I am bringing a digital and it can take videos if we need to take one . . .

19. SDsalsaguy

I know that no videotaping of the classes/comps/performances will be allowed, but not of the social dancing???

20. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I don't think so . . . sometimes, even parts of that are videoed! I have many videos from events that show social dancing, just so people can see themselves on tape.