Dance Websites > Country Dance World Championships

Discussion in 'Dance Websites' started by DanceMentor, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Thanks SD . . .

dancergal, if you are thinking of going, you need to get reservations in to the Opryland Hotel right now. It's easier if you can share a room with someone.

E-me anytime with your questions . .
    Vince

2. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Thanks SD. I didn't know what those buttons were for. :oops:
    Vince, I talked to my b/f about it and he reminded me that we are going on vacation in January and I won't have enough time off work to do both, so I guess we're not going. :cry: Maybe we can plan for it next year. Thanks for the info anyway.

3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Pam,
    Good call . . . although a vacation there, unless you already have it set, is a great choice.

4. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Hi Vince, Our vacation is already planned but didn't have all the final details just yet. It's a cruise and I wouldn't want to change it since the last one we went on was a blast. I guess Tenn. will just have to wait until next year. 8) What about you? Have you decided to go or not? btw- Are you going to Boogie By the Bay in Oct?

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

You guys should watch for one of those dance cruises. We haven't made one yet, but it is on "our list of have to do things."

As of right now . . . we are not going, but the more that Carolyn wins, the more "she" wants to go. I told her to get her Pro and go . . . she is not comfortable with the idea of going w/o me, or . . . ???

Absolutely . . . I take you are going??? I'm also trying to make the Swing thing in Sacramento this weekend where d nice is teaching . . . it's mostly Lindy, but hey, I'm willing to take the rookie classes and not feel bad, or is that "verwhelmed?"

6. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Last year we went on a dance cruise to Mexico. We had a great time. It definitely is a must do.
    btw- You can see the photos if you go to Dancefun.com, click on "Swing Dancing" and then "Mexican Rivera 2003 photos". Go to "Captain's party", page 2, photo 1200139. We are the couple on the far left. Also another photo of us is on "Dance classes and the way home," page 2, 1240097, page 3 1240110. We are dressed for a 70's party and got in the running for best costume (we didn't win). The cruise was really fun. We plan on going on another one but maybe the Caribbean cruise one next time.

Maybe you will recognize us since we seem to be going to the same dances.

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I checked out the pictures . . . you are in a bunch more than the ones you said! I knew SO many people in those pictures, not really friends with but a few of them, but we still see most of those people at the same events.

You look somewhat familiar, and so does your bf. Does he go with you to events? I thought I saw him at a recent event??? I know what you look like now, so I can walk right up to you and ask you to dance, right?

8. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Yes, he goes with me to all the events, in fact, it's really the other way around. I go with him. He's been going to these conventions for at least 5 yrs. I've only been going the last 2. He usually competes in the Jack n' Jill WCS. Maybe that's why he's familiar to you. You may have seen him at South Bay. He made the finals in Jack n' Jill.

I would be pleased to dance with you. Promise not to hit me with all your advanced moves?

9. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I know Ive talked with him before . . . what level J&J does he compete in???
    I only use advanced moves with my wife . . she knows that I make up moves and choreograph on the fly, and she likes to do that. Sometimes she hates when I do that in 2 Step though . . . usually cause I'm trying to figure out the move and someone has stopped right in front of and and "CRASH." That's me . . .

I'm usually pretty mild on a normal WCS . . . really try to show off the follower!!! I like to be hi-jacked and love to get sexy on the dance floor. I also like to dance to the music and what it's telling me to do . . . not necessarily do footwork and patterns!

10. dancergal

dancergal New Member

He's still in Novice division. He doesn't have enough points to move to Intermediate, but he's more an intermediate dancer (I think so at least). His name is Wayne. Maybe you know him. He loves to talk to lots of people. He's very friendly. I'm more reserved (until you get to know me!)

11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I know the face, but not the name.

I also dance Novice, even though I'm an Intermediate . . . same thing not enough points. I always dance in "Open" against the kids, so I'll never win, but I'm not there to win . . . all the time! I like to prove that a guy my age can do the same moves as kids 1/4 his age . . . and I do! That's what keeps me going . . . so, his and my level of dancing should be comparable!

12. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Whew, thanks for that. Now maybe I won't be so nervous dancing with you. :lol:

13. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I wouldn't let you get nervous. 30 seconds of foreplay on the floor, and you're no longer nervous!

14. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

dancergal,
    I showed the pictures to Carolyn . . . she says she knows Wayne and that they have danced together. She says he is very good!!!

Small world, eh???

15. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

dancergal,
    By the way . . . I was kidding in the "30 seconds" response!!!