Salsa > couple of questions

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by yoyao, Aug 22, 2003.

1. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Thanks for the welcome SD. I definitely understand the "sweat equity" concept now. If I were to do it all over again I would have started going to clubs after my first month in instruction.

2. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

it's never too late to start! :D

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Tell me about it :roll:

4. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

It's not a problem now MissAlyssa, I'm heavily into the scene here. Usually out 3-4 nights a week!

5. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

Dang! Where do you live?

6. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Just outside of Denver, CO. The salsa scene here is far bigger than people would think. 8)

I started dancing in AZ btw...Tucson, just over a year ago.

7. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

How did you like the AZ scene? I have never been to Denver, you seem to like it! Tell me more.

8. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

There isn't much of a scene for salsa in AZ. In Tucson there were only two clubs 'Irene's' and 'El Parador'. Once I moved out here to CO I found I could easily go every night (seriously). It's big enough where there is a lot of variety in dancers, but small enough you get to know everyone. I love it.

I have a large group of friends in LA, so I visit them fairly often to push myself. Even the best dancers here in the Denver area don't compare to people I've seen at Steven's or Sportmen's in LA.

9. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

I've never lived in Tucson but I do know there are quite a few places in the Phoenix Metropolitan area to salsa at.

10. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

That's good to hear, I'll check it out next time I'm down there :)

11. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

let me know and we'll go dancing! 8)

12. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

You got it 8)

13. yoyao

yoyao New Member

:shock: :shock: :shock: