Event Announcements > Dallas TX in November

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Vince A, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

For those DF's who attend/compete in UCWDC events . . .

We are going to Dallas in November (9, 10, 11, 12) . . . anyone else planning to go? I'd like to meet some DF members from that area . . .

C&W competitions/social dance and a Big Swing thing: Thursday Night Swing Workshop and Dance Party followed by a fantastic Friday Night Swing Dance Party . . .

Info

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Anybody in particular in mind, there, Vince? :rolleyes: :raisebro:

3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

You ARE number one on my list!:bouncy:Yes? Yes? Yes?

I was hoping you'd see this . . .

4. pygmalion

I already have a thing planned for the 11th. But I'll see what I can do about the other days. I'd love to check out a couple workshops.

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Kewl . . . you already know WCS and 2 Step, yes? You could enter in Jack and Jills even if you think you are just a Newcomer . . . you've competed before . . . c'mon, put on that little red dress and "dance." Swing pants are what the women are wearing these days . . .

How about a NC2S class?

We're still awaiting word if Care will get those days off??? Should know today, so she says!!!

I gotta sneak some of this info about Dallas up in the Swing and C&W forums . . . any ideas! Maybe a short reference in each?

6. pygmalion

Let me know. NC2S sounds like a bet, if I can find a class on one of the days I can be there (likely the 10th and/or 12th.)

Competing? Not gonna happen. lol. That's a blast from my past. And maybe future, but not now, red dresses notwithstanding. :wink:

Swing pants, huh? I feel a shopping trip coming on. :car:

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

NC2S will make you rounded in all of your dancing . . . some swing . . . some C&W . . . some slow dancin'

Chicken??? We learn from out past . . .;)

Yea . . . preferably black . . . stretchy . . . no pockets, pleats, etc . . . kinda snug on top and the upper legs . . . long bell-bottom-like bottoms . . . and then we add some Swarovski (crystal or jet black) stones to the bottom of each leg or sometimes just one leg . . . just enough to make a small statement . . . you can also do some stoning to a kewl top or two. The pant length is very long with the back of the leg hem touching down on the floor.

Most "kewl" swing dancers won't wear jeans unless the bottom of the hem is all worn and frayed in the back . . . obviously from dancing on their pants . . . and yes . . . I'm guilty of it!

Sorry . . . just wanted to help your shopping . . . I'm one of those weird guys . . . I love to shop . . . especially for clothes . . . and double-especially for my wife! Guitars, Harleys, and home theater stuff are also my favorites to shop for . . .

8. pygmalion

Chicken? Possibly. But I prefer grounded. :rolleyes: I know who I am and what I want. Right now, it's social dancing I'm interested in. Competing? Maybe later. :cool:

Ooh! A shopping trip AND stoning? Very cool. :D

9. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Darn----I'm making a note to switch to UC next year!