Country and Western > Dallas, TX This Weekend - Anyone???

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by Vince A, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Just curious . . .

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Not sure yet, Vince. Not exactly in a dance-friendly mood, today. :lol: And the BF's birthday is on the 11th. So ... I'll check in tomorrow fer sure. :)

3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Yea, I read that "in your words" . . . about the dancing, that is . . . You mean you'd rather spend the day with your b/f than dance with me? Your priorities are kcabwards . . . I need to work on you . . .

4. pygmalion

*giggle* Oddly enough, that's what the B/F said, too. :rolleyes: :lol:

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Me thinks 'he cares.'

6. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

Hi, Vince--I'm a newbie to this forum. I do CW and ballroom and am a former UCWDC and ACDA competitor. I would love to go to Dallas this weekend, but won't be able to make it. However, I'm still thinking about going to Dallas next weekend (the 17th) for the ACDA nationals. I took lessons at Gerald and Pat Morris's studio in Houston and I have friends in Dallas and would love to see and dance with all of them.

Do you compete in ACDA or just UCWDC?

7. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

My daughter Gretchen will be there--dancing pro-am with one of her students and I think dancing pro-pro with Sloan Hansen.

We know the Morrises too and will see them the next weekend in Dallas for the ACDA finals. Nice people!

8. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Well, if I missed "welcoming you" seventeen post ago . . . WELCOME!!!

Don't think about going next weekend . . . just go do it . . . got any better plans than that for next weekend? Good luck too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UCWDC AND WSDC . . . me wife does both of these and also the ACDA!

WSDC = World Swing Dance Council

9. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I will try to listen for her name to be announced, then go introduce myself . . . is it OK with you to say "I know you from the DF?

I'm not there for every event . . . hope I don't miss her . . .

10. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Yes, you can tell her I told you about her. I told her that you thought you might have seen her in Fresno a couple of years ago. I don't know when she's dancing-her student is dancing bronze (I think) and open new-comer, and then the pro-pro. She's a great wcs dancer, so maybe you can get a dance with her! Have fun! Are you and your wife competing?

11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Wife is . . . Classic Couples, Showcase, Pro-Am as an Advanced Dancer.

And me . . . no, I've been so busy with our County's sales tax measure that is getting voted on as we speak . . . I haven't had time to even breathe, and . . . all those 10 pounds that I keep reading about that ppl have lost here on the DF??? . . . well, I think I've gained all that they have lost. It's been hotel after hotel . . . eating at hotels, drinking at hotels . . . so obviously my dancing will suffer . . . I'm not fat, just can see those extra pounds in my face and a little in my belly . . . I hope to burn off ten pounds dancing this weekend! No beer . . . fruits and veggies all weekend . . . going to World's on Jan 1st . . . need to "watch this girlish figure" . . .

12. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Does your wife have a partner, too, besides her instructor?

13. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Sorry . . . had a meeting in between posting time . . . "how dare they schedule a meeting whe I'm trying to post on the DF."

Anyway . . . Yes, she has two partners . . . Travis Wright and Glen Cravalho, and her coach is Katie Boyle . . . and they're all her instructors . . . she can get really confused, and she is already blonde to start with . . .!!!

14. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

LOL! How rude!

So are all the things she's dancing in pro-am? (Just curious)

15. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

No . . . Classic Couples Division II, Pro-Am Diamond Advanced, and Showcase . . . she needs to get past the Advanced Dancer level, but she doesn't want to teach/be a Pro! Probably will stick with Couples and/or Showcase after she gets enough of being a Advanced dancer!

16. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

SuzieQ, were you in Little Rock for the Country Classic in September? If so, I think I've figured out who you are--daughter Gretchen is a dead giveaway! She's a wonderful dancer. You and your husband are no slouches, either!

I competed back in the late 90's and early 2000's with Don Stearns who lives in Ft. Worth. We danced in Bronze Novice and Silver Novice (we both turned 50 the last year we competed).

Thanks for the welcome, Vince! Things are awfully hectic in my life right now--trust me, you don't want to know--so I doubt that I'll make it to Dallas, but I'll bet we eventually run into each other somewhere!

17. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I'll look forward to it . . .

18. pygmalion

Turns out Thursday and Friday are a wash because of the orientation schedule at the new job. (I just started last Monday.) Saturday's a wash because the BF actually did make plans... romantic ones. :oops:

So what's the schedule like on Sunday?

19. pygmalion

Okay. Fine. I'll google the website and check the schedule myself. :?

The guy friend in chemo is sick, but okay with not visiting til next week, God bless him. So I'm morre flexible than I thought. But ...

And the drive's about 45 minutes on a good day. But there's road construction from about five miles northeast of where I live, on and off all the way to the airport. So it's very hard to predict. Hmm. :?

Let me go take a look. :car:

20. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Sorry, I've been downtown at a bar . . . eating . . . great Italian food . . . Care is out pracicing for this weekend . . .

Sounds like you are really needed elsewhere . . . don't sweat it . . . there is always next year . . .

Anyway, if you haven't looked, here is the schedule (but bear in mind, they've already changed it on us once - we had to change our flight schedules, adding $200 to the price of out tickets):

Tentative Schedule for: Sunday November 12, 2006
    7:30am Registration OpensAs Needed
    Line Dance & Team Competitions To Be Scheduled Throughout The Day As Needed
    8:00 am CEU & Judges Certification Class-Fund B, Smooth & Rhythm
    8:00 am Music Preview/UCWDC Competitions - Classic Couples, Age Divisions & Levels
    6:00pm Awards10:00am Hourly Workshops Begin12 Noon Music Preview/Competitions - Couples Open; Showcase-Crown 2-step, waltz4:00pm Competitions - Pro 8 Dance, Two-Step Jack & Jill, Champion Jack & Jill6:00pm AwardsThank You For Joining Us At The 2006 DDF - See You In 2007 - Watch For Surprises!
    It will cost a few $$$ to get in for one day . . . we leave right at 4 (Care's last dance is at that time), as our flight out to home is at 6.

See ya' if ya' make it there . . .