Country and Western > Dallas, TX This Weekend - Anyone???

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by Vince A, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Sorry about that schedule - that's not how I copied it . . .

2. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Yes--we had a lot of fun that weekend because our other 2 children and our daughter-in-law were there also--first time they saw us dance "live." Thank you for the kind words. Will you be in Dallas for the finals? I hope things settle in your life so that you can continue to dance. My husband is job hunting right now, so we are in a little turmoil ourselves.

3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

SuzieQ . . .

Introduced myself to your daughter . . . she is going to go far in the dance world. I thought her dancing was GREAT!

VA

4. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

OK, Vince and SuzieQ, how was Dallas? Wish I could have been there, but I had longstanding plans that couldn't be changed. What were the highlights of the weekend for you?

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

SuzieQ didn't make it . . . I think she has a comp this coming weekend. However, her daughter, Grechen did, and she took first overall in her division in Pro-Pro.

I didn'tcompete, but my wife did, and she did well in Couples and Pro-Am!

Didn't meet any other DF members there . . .

6. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

Thanks, Vince. Congrats to you and your wife and to SuzieQ and Gretchen!
    Wish I could have been there.

I have a question about a nightclub twostep song I heard at a recent comp--I believe Gretchen and her partner danced to it at the Country Classic here in LR a couple of months ago. It was the most wonderful song...I didn't want to start a separate thread about it, but are you familiar with competition NCTS songs? This one has to do with a lady getting her heart broken after a trip to Jackson Hole...when you describe it to someone, it loses a lot in the translation, but watching good dancers dance to it, I was moved to tears. I meant to ask the DJ the name of the song but it was late on the last day of the comp and I was busy saying goodbyes and forgot about it until later.

7. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

One more thing, since I am still new to DF, I am trying to be mindful of forum etiquette. If I should start a separate thread about my question in my previous post, by all means let me know!

8. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

That is a great song and immediately became one of my obsession songs. It's "When Did You Know? by Jamie O'Neal. (Not sure of the spelling on her last name but I think it's right..it's on an album called "Brave." ) Gretchen and Jim don't do nightclub but the other couple danced beautifully to it.

We will be in Dallas this weekend for the ACDA finals. I dance on Friday night pro-am and Sunday morning Silver Novice with my husband. We have a pretty good group going so it should be fun. I've got a cold, so hopefully I'll be feeling better by tomorrow.

9. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I'm glad you got to meet Gretchen! Thank you for the kind comments--she is a beautiful dancer. I wish some of it would rub off on me! Glad to hear your wife did well also.

10. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Thanks SlowDancer . . .

I know that song, and I believe SuzieQ answered . . .

I heard a song this past . . . that I liked, and like you, meant to ask the DJ . . . but I forgot to . . . it's a Nora Jones song . . . something about "It's Over," or somethink like that.

11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I think that it's OK once in a while . . . I don't that there is a thread on here that hasn't drifted off-topic. Even us moderators do it once in a while . . . just gotta remember to get it back on topic - eventually!!!

12. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

Thanks, Vince...I was afraid if I started a "what song is this?" thread, it could be months before the right person read it and answered my question. This way, the right person read it and answered within 24 hours (thanks, SuzieQ)! Now I just have to find the CD...