Dancers Anonymous > Dance Dance Revolution

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Sep 16, 2002.

1. QPO

QPO New Member

I have never done it myself, but seen it in arcades, I would imagine it would be great to improve reflexes and well as fitness.

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Very true, Q. Am hoping it improves my speed and foot sensitivity in latin...

3. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I love it. I bought it for my husband's niece last year. She absolutely loves it. We tried it, and thought it was a blast. Its definetely fun and keeps you going.

4. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

i tried couple of times.

it is fun.

you really need to have a great balance and co-ordination. but it is good to play in two.

i love it.

btw, did anybody try that "dancing with the stars" game?? i wanted to buy it, but i am not sure it's wort it (i think it is $30 or 40).

5. Daniella

Daniella New Member

I think Wii just released the DWS game too. =)

6. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

What's Wii?

7. pr

pr New Member

It's a video game console released by Nintendo... ;)

8. Beto

Beto Active Member

9. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Wow, this thread is still going (and DDR too). This is the 11th topic started at Dance Forums back in 2002.

10. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

So where do I get a DDR game? and if their made by different companies where do i get one. Are the home ones vastly different to the arcade versions?

I have a balance/wobble board which emits different sounds as you touch down one of five sides, but it lacks imagination in the sound department its a different instrument on each colour and yells " fanatastic" no matter how badly you do in following the calls.

11. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

You can order online - various sites - for either a specific game system or if you don't have one, you can order the plug and play version which just plugs into your TV. I have this DDR version and it is quite fun! I've never played the arcade version, but seems similar...just a much smaller, cheaper version...it is a dance pad/mat, not hard metal platform.

12. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

no John Travolta flashing disco floor then? :(

13. pr

pr New Member

14. dancinrina

dancinrina New Member

So... I must be retarded or something but I can't seem to quite get the timing. I can do decently on the easy/beginner level but anything above that and my reaction time is no where near good enough. I'm so bad at this game...

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

keep doing it...you're timing will improve.

question, tho: are you bringing your feet to center after every step? that's a common error that beginners make, and it's reinforced by the beginner dancer they show stepping that way.

keep your feet on the arrows they just stepped, for the most part. you should find that this increases your reaction time because you aren't adding in an extra step in between the ones that matter. without making this change, it's pretty impossible to get decent scoring past the beginner/easy level.

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

we actually have a hard metal pad at this point -- very hard-core, heavy-duty "cobalt flux pro platform". two of them, actually...but we never hook them up to use at the same time.

and yah, we bought everything online, btm.

DDR is so dang fun...i have only enthusiastically positive things to say about it!

17. njdancegirl

Wow...hard metal pad...you didn't skimp on the DDR! We have the dual player soft pad version and also the "My First DDR" for the mini njdancegirl...

Its been fun and very addicting!

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

*LOL* jump, jump, dance... very cute.

19. njdancegirl

Not mine...:( But maybe Sam's fancy home version does?!? ;)

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

our family's pretty hard-core with DDR. :)

my youngest has competed twice at the jacob javits center in NY with it. these pads were a very pricey family xmas present a few years back... they appear indestructible.