Dancers Anonymous > Dance Dance Revolution

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Sep 16, 2002.

1. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Fun! We're coming to play at your house next time...or bring to next G&J social!

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

DDR's too cool for that...:cool:

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

it's so much fun to do with friends! i've introduced a few work colleagues to it over the years... either had them over or when to their place to get them started. even a 65-yr-old woman, who *really* got into it...

4. njdancegirl

Same here...started playing on the MY FIRST version to get the hang of it and we've all "graduated". Everyone's got their own now...

5. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Not a child; a nimble leprachaun or more likley CGI

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

we're so gonna hafta put together a DDR evening... :)

does your pro do it? am quite sure mine would enjoy it.

7. njdancegirl

I introduced him to it...:D. He attacks it like a dancer - saying if you know timing you should be able to hit the "Perfect" every time. Of course reality doesn't alway work out that way with missing the arrows and pad moving, etc.

Am sure yours would enjoy as well - strikes me as a big kid himself ;)

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

the more recent games are so nuanced with timing, it's amazing to me to watch the best guys get "marvelous" on every step. well, they're just amazing all-around.

exactly. :)

9. njdancegirl

We are truly amateurs and quite new to the game...but it really is a good time.

And honestly...we're all a bunch of big kids. He's not alone...;)

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

it's true... brings out the kid in everyone.

i go in & out with it, not something i've worked with consistently to get really good at, like my son. but i really enjoy working the edge and improving.

and honestly, i'm definitely focusing in on the speedier songs right now to increase my speed and agility. i was so impressed & inspired by watching max k. dance with beata recently -- the *speed* and *nuance* of his feet... wow. i immediately thought of DDR.

11. njdancegirl

If only DDR would make me dance like Max and Beata....;)

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i'd buy that version in two seconds flat. :)

but i do think it can help...

13. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

that is wild

15. Nybz

Nybz New Member

Heheh I like that more than when I used to watch people do tricks/breakdancing with the game. Granted I like partner dancing more then I ever liked break dancing ;D

16. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

I agree! I preferred watching them partner dance instead of doing their hip hop which is more their forte.