Funstuff and Inspiration > Dance Optical Illusion

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by DanceMentor, May 26, 2014.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

dance-illusion.gif
    Stare at the dancer on the left to make the dancer in the middle turn left. Stare at the dancer on the right and the dancer in the middle turns right. Try it!

dancelvr and Terpsichorean Clod like this.
  2. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

I've always wondered how to see the dancer turning right! Cool stuff. :)

3. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

4. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

My illusion is the opposite: staring at the left dancer turns the middle dancer to the right; staring at the right dancer turns the middle dancer to the left. I wonder if that has anything to do with what eye is dominant for a particular person?

5. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

DM, this is really cool.

6. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

WOW! cool.

7. CCdance

CCdance Active Member

haha for some reason it worked for me at first,...... Stare at the dancer on the left to make the dancer in the middle turn left. Stare at the dancer on the right and the dancer in the middle turns right......then I came back did the exercise again, I got same opposite illusion like you did.... let's assume we're normal lol

cool game! :)

8. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

It's not a tummmmahhhh

9. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

That is trippyo_O:jawdrop:

10. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Even more trippy: if you blink and switch your focus right when the legs are all pointed to the right or the left, you should be able to trick your eyes into perceiving all three is turning the same direction (I like doing it in sequence to perceive a dance move that couldn't be done in real life).

ocean-daughter likes this.
  11. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

If I really, really watch the one on the right, I can see the middle one turning counterclockwise, but if I look directly back at the other two she turns right again. If I don't stare only at that one on the far right, the other two are turning clockwise (without the ones to either side, I've never been able to make the dancer "switch" at all, she always turns to the right.) If I stare at the one in the middle, all three appear to be turning right. The one on the left never turns any direction but clockwise. Apparently in my brain turning left is so hardwired against it doesn't see a turn that direction unless forced to (I'm a clockwise spinner/jumper.)

12. doble

doble New Member

my brain is now broken, that's enough internet for today! :beye:

13. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

this is really cool. I managed to make the one in the middle swivel left, right, left , right without turning around, by watching the outside dancers only while their raised legs were in front.... every so often I was a bit slow changing sides and the middle one turned a full rotation..... what fun