Dance Ads > Dance Partner Wanted

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by standardgirl, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

I know, there are places especially designed for partner search, but I guess, there are more dancers here daily, so I might as well post my ad here. :D
    finding the right partner is always hard.....

About me:
    Height: 5'5" without shoes (wear 2.5 inches for both standard and latin)
    Level: Bronze/Silver in both collegiate Am/Am and Pro/Am
    Goals: Competitions, especially, international standard

My Mr. Right Partner:
    Height: 5'8" to 6'0"
    Level: Bronze/Silver/Gold or Open if you are ok, I have no problem! :D
    Location: Metro Detroit and surrounding area within 60 min driving distance, such as Toledo, Winsor, Lansing, etc. But I will consider anywhere with in 2 hrs of driving (ie. Cleveland or closer.....)
    Most important: Willing to LEARN, PRACTICE, and COMPETITIVE
    Able to take lots of coachings and lessons.

PM me if you are my Mr. Right Partner...... :D

2. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

:bouncy: bump bump....still looking....

3. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

Did you say 60 miles or 600 miles?

4. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Patience, chiwenl - sometimes it can take years to find a partner . . .

5. Laura

Laura New Member

And of course, there's partners, and then there's partners. Sometimes you have to go through a few partners to find who/what you really want.

6. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

:lol: 60 min driving or within 2.5 hours if I really can't find someone.....
    600 miles...if that's the case, it'll make this much easier......

7. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

It's being so hard and part of the reason is that none of the partnerless guys on my team work as of right now. hopefully someone will graduate or move after winter break and we'll see....... plus there is also this "taking lesson" problem.....you have to find someone who is at least as serious as you are to compete and take lessons, and PAY half the cost of everything........

8. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

You dance bronze, going on silver
    Leaders will wait in line
    Eager young lads and over-age cads
    will try to contort your spine

All fun aside, enthusiasm seems to win out in the long run. You will start to stand out, and that will bring interest from guys at a variety of levels. At first these opportunities will simply seem great, but you will also have to be careful you don't get sidetracked into dead-end, or even dangerous paths by those who have moderate experience but little wisdom to their dancing

9. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm in!

Height: 5'7" (5'7.5" after 6 months of pilates :) )
    Level: Bronze in latin, standard & smooth, rythym: silver
    Goals: competitions (mostly northeast for now)

My Mr. Right Partner:
    Height: 5'10" +

Everything else is negotiable. Just no over-eager cads, please.

10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Define over-eager, please. :wink: :lol:

11. mamboqueen

*oops* I meant over-aged cads. But, I guess at my age, I can't be too picky!

Just NO CADS!

12. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Over-eager, over-aged. A cad is a cad is a bad dance partner. :evil: You're right. 8)

13. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

My teacher and I had a long talk after lesson today. I was like, I need a partner, blah, blah, blah....and this is the first time that he also feel strongly that I need a partner to practice with. He's like "there are 2 possibilities, but I will have to think about it carefully....."
    so, we'll see....hopefully, something will work out.

14. mamboqueen

Ohhh! Good for you. I hope he comes through for you. Even if it doesn't lead to a competition partnership, it helps so much just to have someone to practice with. Keep us posted!!!

15. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

thank you mamboqueen, you too good luck finding a partner.
    hopefully my teacher will come up with someone after his careful thinking.

I think he is just sick of practicing foxtrot basics with me over and over, and that's probably why he finally feels that I really need a partner to practice with..... since he knows how badly I practice by myself.......it's just more effective with a partner

16. galka139

galka139 New Member

I am looking for a dance partner for 9 y.o. girl in Brooklyn, NY latin and standard silver/gold level.

17. amiko

amiko New Member

I agree with Laura. Sometimes you have to go through several partners to find the right one. When I first started, I danced with a partner 2 years younger than me and had a disability. But what a hard working, sweet guy. Later, I danced with partner with too much belly and later another practice partner who was injured in motorcycle accident, dancing in a neck cast. Anyway, moral of the story is, now I have a great partner who is the right size, willing to learn & work hard.

18. MissBallroomBear

MissBallroomBear Active Member

Aaaand I'm going to jump on this disjointed bandwagon, which began a few years ago...

Height: 170 cm (without heels)
    Experience: I've had a few partnerships which have fallen through for various reasons, mainly time and money. I've competed individually (usually winning) and my last partner and I made it to finals at the Canberra Championships.
    Location: Currently living in Campbelltown and travelling down to Wollongong for Uni and Dancing. May be willing to travel, though it depends how far.
    I'm dedicated, enthusiastic and a fast learner. I expect a lot of myself and I'm willing to work hard to achieve the desired result.
    If mayyybeee you might be the one, please contact me on my email: clairedowler@hotmail.com.
    Thanks. :)

19. frotes

frotes Member

Guy here. Caught the dancing bug and it has been growing stronger, so I am having a go at this partner searching.

About me:
    Height/Age: 5'10", 27.
    Level: Bronze. Mainly experienced in rhythm and some smooth, waltz/tango. My goal is to do 9 dance but I've been finding myself very intrigued by latin as well. Although I am fairly new, I've been training very hard putting in about 10-15 hours at the studio a week and doing 1-2 lessons. I also love technique so I place a heavy emphasis on that.
    Goals: Competitions

LF Partner:
    Height: 5'2" to 5'8"
    Level: Bronze/Silver/Gold, even Open. If you are ok with it then I am ok!
    Most important: Hard worker, willing to put in the time to learn and practice. Easy to get along with and has a focus on competition. Able to do about a lesson a week and practice during weekdays.

PM me if you are interested

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.