General Dance Discussion > Dance quotes

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Shiva diva, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Shiva diva

Shiva diva New Member

2. lily

lily Member

3. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

"Soy maestra de baile; nada es sencillo."
    ("I'm a dance teacher; nothing is simple.")
    -- Geraldine Chaplin at the end of Talk to Her (Hable con Ella)

4. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Beautifull :

Dance is music made visible.
    --George Balanchine

5. pinkstarzzz

pinkstarzzz New Member

thanks for the site!

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yup. Thanks, shiva diva. 8)

7. lily

lily Member

I like these two:

There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them.
    --Vicki Baum

Dance first. Think later. It's the natural order.
    --Samuel Beckett

8. lily

lily Member

And this one too!

Dancing is like dreaming with your feet!
    --Constanze

9. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I can't agree more! :D

10. DanceAm

DanceAm New Member

I like Jack's:

To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.
    --Jack Handey

11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

That's hilarious.

12. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

"You've got to sing like you don't need the money,
    Love like you'll never get hurt.
    You've got to dance like no one is watching,
    It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work.
    --Susannah Clark and Richard Leigh "

So Beautiful, and so difficult.

This is one of my favourites

13. dancin4eva329

dancin4eva329 New Member

I love that one too! Thanks for the site!

14. dancin4eva329

dancin4eva329 New Member

Thanks for the site!

15. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

welcome to df dancing4eva329!

16. dancin4eva329

dancin4eva329 New Member

Thanks!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Dancing is Dressage without the horse.

(sawy :lol: )

18. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Poni-
    The first time I saw dressage was when the summer Olympics was on at my friend's house in Germany. I guess it's big in Europe because it isn't shown in the US(not to my knowledge) or over here in Asia. I laughed my head off as it was so cute, these horsies trotting and tip-toeing. My friend got really miffed and said "This is a serious sport!". I now realize how much training the horses & riders do, but I still think it looks cute. Wish I could train my cats to do that! :lol:

19. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

ROFL- back when I was competing in Dressage, I would have gotten miffed, but I agree with you now- it IS cute to watch these horses execute these maneuvers that someone's taught them... because you think they looks so studious and focused on everything- solemn... but in their barns, pastures, etc. they are DUMMIES- Gifted waled by the same garbage can for twelve days in a row- on the thirteenth, he spooked at it, stepped on his groom's foot.

Big Ben (jumper though) colicked THIRTY TIMES by just over-drinking his water.

MILTON was a real dork- an Olympian contender- and he would make faces at the other horses. STuck his tongue out once- got the END BITTEN OFF and had it re-attached.

My very own Dash would trot in ever so professionally, and when I asked him to canter once- I completely wasn't expecting the happy little crowhop- which promptly unseated me while he took off bucking and farting around the little chain-link ring.

My Ickis puffed up twice his size, got his veins standing out, he really thought he was something- ready for the world... trots in, halts, salutes, proceeds.. no, PrOCEEDS, I said.. no... pretty soon "pssssssssssssss"... well, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

So yes, it's safe to call them "cute", or DUMB sometimes would be better!

But yes, I grudgingly admit to being thoroughly TROUNCED by "those daggum Germans" in ANYTHING horse related. They have it down to a military precision. An art form. a Religion. A lifestyle. I sometimes wonder if they aren't shot, and buried in shallow graves if they don't do well (kidding, don't shoot). I never got far enough to be international, but I competed near the top of the US individual "B-Class" sports for two years (before my horse said "that's it, screw you guys, I'm goin' home" and QUIT on me- my fault, Sorry Dasher, I was DUMB).

So now you know a lot more about dressage and my goofy obsession with horses than you cared to :lol: I need another hobby, Like Dancing!

20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Thanks for the info!
    BTW, dancin' don't make ya saddlesore! :lol: