General Dance Discussion > Dance quotes

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Shiva diva, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Adwiz

Adwiz New Member

My favorite dance studio just upgraded their web site in a huge way, and the new site has some awesome quotes.

I can't make it a link because it's a commercial site (DF rules), but copy and paste this into your browser's location bar:

grandballroom.com

2. SalsaAmore

SalsaAmore New Member

Favorite dance quotes and how does it speak to you........

So far reading some of the posts here on DF, some of the signatures and/or dance quotes really spoke to me. Here are some of the ones that struck me, I really liked and hit home for me:

Life may not turn out to be the party we'd hoped for.......but while we are there, we might as well DANCE! by SalsaChinita -- Life has not always been the grandest, but dance is by saving grace. If it weren't for dance, I don't know what I'd do to keep myself alive and happy.

The feet may learn the steps, but only the spirit can dance. by Dancin_Feet -- Wow, this speaks volumes for me and made me realize why I feel so alive when I'm dancing. Sometimes in life, I feel stuck because there are certain things that I must do because of necessity, survival, social pressure, practicality etc. But with dance, it is one thing that I feel I can just let myself be, let my spirit free and shine. I can be whoever I want to be at the moment. And, that can be such a freeing and liberating thing. There isn't much else that I have experienced that can help me stay in the moment like that other than dance, to allow me to free my spirit and have fun all at the same time.

What are your favorites dance quotes here on DF or anywhere else and how does it strike a chord with you. How does it speak to you?

3. squirrel

squirrel New Member

When you take dancing lessons, you learn steps and you learn steps and you learn steps. It can go on for a long time. And then one day, you just learn to dance, and it is so different. --Bill Austin

This is Sagitta's signature and I love it! It is a true statement of the difference between doing moves on music and dancing... between focus on technique and forget about music on the one side and let the music fill your soul on the other. I am still at the "dane lessons" part, I am afraid...

:oops: :oops: :oops:

And the signature of BorikenSalsero... I think he no longer uses it, but I hope I remember it well:

Dancing is like orchestrating a song. Everybody can use the same moves, but who is going to make it a hit? A good dancer appeals to your reason, but a great dancer appeals to your emotions. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

(had to edit as I remember it a little worng - and he still uses it!)

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

"Dancing is a contact sport. Football is a hitting sport."

Vince Lombardi

5. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

I'd vote for Sagitta's as my favorite too (is that one of the categories of the Dance Forum Awards?)

6. blue

blue New Member

I like Sagitta's sig too.

I read it a little different, though. I think of all the dance teaching that consists just of steps and drives me mad, and then the kinds of teaching that actually teaches how to dance...

7. girl_erased00

girl_erased00 New Member

i am looking for some inspiring dance quotes to put on the bulletin board in my dance studio. if you know of any or any web sites that have them please let me know!

thanks

8. Lockstep

Lockstep New Member

i knowthat theres a whole thread on this topic here somewhere....hmm.... :shock:...guess one of the moderators will look it up for you :)

9. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

10. girl_erased00

girl_erased00 New Member

THanks So Much!
    the bulletin board will be great!

11. Pukpik

Pukpik New Member

Touching Quote

I simply Googled "Dance Quotes" and went through many sites. Here is one that is the most touching I've read:

I hope people find more to contribute!

--Pukpik

12. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Re: Touching Quote

That's beautiful. Thanks, Pukpik.

Rosa :)

13. Sabor

Sabor New Member

PS. kindly make sure u wash them first and adding a touch of duo would be nice.

:lol:

14. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Sabor, could you please send me a pair of your worn-out underpants, so that I might have something to press against my heart? :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. Sabor

Sabor New Member

oh no she didn't! :shock: .. LMAO! estas loca! :lol:

16. Rosa

Rosa New Member

y tú también! :twisted: :lol:

17. danceonclouds

danceonclouds New Member

dance quotes:

18. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

For additional, check out {link removed - no longer in service}