Event Announcements > Dance Renaissance Festival - New Orleans, LA

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Me, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Me

Me New Member

Below I have posted event information from Nathalie Gomez, organizer of the New Orleans Dance Renaissance Festival, a swing festival that has expanded to include Argentine Tango and Salsa.

I think this is a wonderful event that is very reasonably priced and located in the very interesting city of New Orleans! There is lots of good music, good food, and plenty of quirky New Orleans culture to experience. Of course, there will also be some great instruction!

More information may be found here: www.dancerenaissance.com

If you are on Facebook, you can visit the Facebook page to see a list of confirmed guests and uploaded pictures and videos. Here! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=652220282&ref=profile#/event.php?eid=40381844253&ref=mf

----------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

The second Annual Dance Renaissance is getting close. Only 16 days left!

If you haven't booked your tickets yet do it now as we are getting close to selling out the parties.

There will be workshops for all levels: beginner through advanced. Four rooms will be running at the same time with one room offering dances other than swing/Lindy/Balboa. In that room, there will be 3 workshops in Argentine Tango Saturday and 3 workshops in Salsa with Troy and Jorjet from Houston on Sunday. Friday is a good time to learn other dances as we are offering 3-hr beginner crash courses in Salsa, Lindy Hop and Samba de Gafieira.

**NEW PASSES:

3-Day pass: all activities for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
    (New Year's Eve Not Included) Price: $150

Friday pass: 3-hr workshop + Mardi Gras/Soul Party (8.30pm-til) Price: $65.00

Saturday Pass: 5 hrs of workshops + Vintage Party (8pm-til) Price: $80.00

Sunday Pass: 5 hrs of workshops Price: $60.00

And still available until December 27:
    Full Weekend Pass (not available at the door)
    All parties w/live music, 3 days of workshops, (includes New Year's Eve)
    Price: $165.00

Party Pass (not available at the door): 4 parties w/live music, includes New Year's Eve. Price: $95.00

Workshop Pass (not available at the door) 3 days of workshops with world class teachers. Price: $115.00

New Years Eve Only (Masquerade Ball with Live band, wine, *******ments, champagne, party favors, performances)
    Price: $50.00

**DANCE CONTESTS
    Don't forget to sign up for the dance contests. It's free!
    You can win free passes to National dance events.

**DRESS ATTIRE:
    1. Workshops: casual, comfortable, slippery shoes.
    2. Wednesday New Year's Eve Party: Masquerade Ball. Bring your mask and dress up. Be classy, it's New Year's Eve!
    3. Thursday: club hopping on Frenchmen and Bourbon. Casual attire.
    4. Friday night dance: Mardi Gras Party with a soul theme: wear a costume. Costume contest. The funnier, the better...
    5. Saturday dance: Vintage Dance-USO: dress vintage (1910s-1920s-30s-40s). You can also learn to do your hair vintage at 8pm. For that purpose, bring your pins, hairspray, little mirror, brush, hair flowers, etc. You will have one hour to get your hair a la vintage!

**MASKS: Bring your own to the Masquerade Ball on New Year's Eve. Or, you can have Marie paint one on you. It takes only 10 minutes and will cost $10. To schedule an appointment or find out more, email her at marie@bellabraids.com

**BANDS
    Ingrid Lucia and the Flying Neutrinos
    Washboard Chaz and the Palmetto Bug Stompers
    Gypsy Swing (formerly known as Vavavoom)
    BRW (soul band. They are like having the Temptations Live, incredible!)

**TEACHERS
    Benjamin Ricard et Genevieve Kerouac (Quebec City)
    Mickey Fortanasce (NYC)
    Nathalie Gomes (New Orleans)
    Reuel Reis and Jojo Jackson (Nashville, TN and Ithaca, NY)
    Joel and Lenka Green (Daytona, FL)
    Damien Verron and Lise Chayvialle (France)
    Troy and Jorjet - Salsa (Houston, TX)
    Ector Gutierrez -Tango (New Orleans)
    Fuad and Kathie - Tango (New Orleans)
    Percell St Thomass - Tango (Gulfport, MS)
    Corey Fouchi (New Orleans)
    More TBA

For more details, check the website at www.dancerenaissance.com.

Can't wait!

Nathalie

2. Me

Me New Member

Jayna Morgan sent a message to the members of Dance Renaissance.

--------------------
    Subject: Updates on Dance Renaissance

Hello friends,

Just wanted to let you know that the tentative schedule of classes is up on the website: www.dancerenaissance.com.

For those of you who have friends who are interested in attending but are still brushing up on their swing and lindy, I'll be teaching a 3-hour crash course workshop in Lindy Hop on Friday. Make sure to bring your friends!! In addition, we just added a Soul Train Moves and Grooves class before the Soul-themed dance Friday night.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!
    Jayna
    --------------------