Dance Websites > Dance Shoes

Discussion in 'Dance Websites' started by ShyDancer, Mar 9, 2004.

1. dancingtiffany

dancingtiffany New Member

wow~ thats another pretty purple shoes! thanks!

When I search on ebay, there are a few sellers selling ballroom dance shoes. Have you bought shoes from ebay before? Which seller is better? I am wondering if I should buy them from ebay, or those online dance shoes stores.

2. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I wonder if they do men shoes to match the ladies (purple) shoes :wink: :lol:

3. dancingtiffany

If I ask my partner to wear a pair of purple men shoes, will he? :lol: :roll:

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Just kep in mind that the return and exchange policies of an online store are likely to be much more generous... and probably something worth factoring in to your choices.

5. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

Uh-huh .. thats what I thought! :lol: :lol:

Tasche- you own a shoes store...Id expect no less that 20 odd pairs! :lol:
    Ohh Id send myself bankrupt if I had a shoe store :lol:

6. tasche

tasche New Member

I also sell on ebay and I have noticed that I am the only one who accept returns/exchanges. Even when buying from a webstore check their policies some I've seen charge a $25 restocking fee for a $60 pair of shoes.

The one nice thing about ebay from a buyers perspective is that you can tell more who you are dealing with by their feedback and if they "rip" you off you have ebay to go beat them up :lol:

7. dancingtiffany

Thanks for the advice.

The exchange problem is not so important to me. I bought a few pairs of dance shoes, and I have the same sizes.

Ebay is a good way to order dance shoes. The price is unbeatable! But they seem to have less styles than the online dance shoes stores. But I will wait for ebay. Sometimes, when the sellers put the shoes on auction, they are a bit cheaper than the "buy it now" price. Just $38, $39!! I always want to bid the shoes, they are so beautiful!!!! YET..... they are not in my size.... :cry:

8. dance-fanatic

dance-fanatic New Member

Thanks!

Wow, how can I thank all of you! Those pretty shoes and the price! Especially the Argentine Tango shoes, they're usually expensive! The ones that I've been thinking of buying are like $ 170!!!!! javascript:emoticon(':!:')
    Exclamation

For those who have tried them, are they comfortable??

9. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yup. Those AT shoes can be pricy, can't they? :?

Welcome to the forums, dance-fanatic. :D

10. tasche

tasche New Member

I have to be honest here. Most of the tiem when I start my auctions at $39 they go way over the BIN price. theres something about the thrill of the hunt.

11. dance-fanatic

dance-fanatic New Member

Thanks Pygmalion for your welcome! :) I certainly enjoy the forums, so far I've got a few useful links from this site to some AT sites. I love AT, do you dance AT as well?

However, the only "complaints" I have about those AT shoes on dancesavvy is that they don't have "skinny heels". I love AT shoes with skinny heels, they look so elegant! But perhaps that's just me because some people sure don't feel safe to dance in heels like that! :)

12. maleva

maleva New Member

If you like skinny heels check these tango shoes out:

http://w w w.close-embrace.com/special2/index.htm

They are Comme il Faut shoes from Buenos Aires, made specifically for tango and very popular in Argentina.

Jennifer Bratt
    Maleva & Co.
    www.close-embrace.com
    jennifer@close-embrace.com

13. pygmalion

Thanks for the tip, Maleva. And welcome to the forums. :D

14. dance-fanatic

dance-fanatic New Member

Thanks Maleva! Those shoes are ABSOLUTELY pretty!!!

Has anyone ever danced in 4" heels. I'm usually in 3", I don't know if there'll be a problem with stability if I go 1" higher! ;(

15. pygmalion

Oh my goodness. I just looked at the link, and those are some of the most beautiful dance shoes I've ever seen (and I've seen a LOT of shoes.) Gorgeous. 8)

16. tasche

tasche New Member

Wow. I woner if they would be comfortable as street shoes as they look very manolo like

17. dancingtiffany

wow~ Those shoes are pretty-but scary!
    i cant imagine myself dancing with the 4' heel, and their heels are so slim! :shock:

18. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

Those are the MOST beautiful shoes EVER IN MY LIFE!!! But my size is ALL GOOOOOONE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

19. dance-fanatic

dance-fanatic New Member

WOW! I guess everyone agress that those shoes are just simply gorgeous. I'm so tempted to buy it. The only thing is that I'd probably end up putting them in the closet because because they're too previous to be worn! LOL!

So maleva, I'm just wondering about the fit of those shoes, I wear 6.5 street shoes and since they don't have that so would a 7 be fine? Have you tried those or known anyone who have them? But I noticed that most of them are sold out!

20. pygmalion

Yup. I noticed that too. Can people pre-order in the sizes they want?

My philosophy? Who cares about the four inch heels. Just buy the shoes, wear them to the dance and look HOT! If you just have to dance a dance or two, change into your sensible two inch heels. But by then, everybody there willl already know you're a babe! :lol: :lol: