Country and Western > Dance Weekend Blown - Bad Car Accident

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by DancinDude, Oct 3, 2004.

1. DancinDude

DancinDude New Member

Hello Everyone,
    This past Friday I was involved in a bad car accident. I was slammed into by young driver in a beat up car. Almost knocked me out.

I was coming back home from a great 2 hr private lesson from Deby Clark. We got a lot done and I was grabbing a quick bite for lunch.. coming out into traffic is when I got slammed into. My head hit the drivers side window and almost knocked me out. I was able to place a call to Ann at work.. she spoke to the paramedics who kinda told her what was going on.. she then met me at the hospital after I was transported there. They put a brace on my neck and pulled me out of the vehicle onto a board and transported me. Turned our dance weekend upside down.

What I thought was an hour or two... turned out to be about 5 hours at the hospital accoridng to Ann. I was under morphine and something else.

Ann and I were supposed to do a lot of dancing and have a huge private lesson between her and I and Albert and Deby. That would have been awesome. Instead I had a weekend of pure recovery and just saying thanks I was still alive.

Since we couldn't go dance.. we went shopping.. in the process found the Movie "Shall we dance".. :) that cheered us up a little.. I remember when I was trying to keep alert and contact Ann.. I got very upset since the first thing on my mind was my dance weekend was blown and our dance plans were gone. :(

Sometimes you must think about what you may be thankful for..

I'm thankful I've got Ann.. an awesome dance partner and awesomely close friend who is there for me and I'm there for her. :wink:

We're thankful we have got some of the greatest dance professionals to work with in our Competitive dance careers. We're also thankful we great place to go dance where the people are great and there is never really a dull moment as all the dancers we know have a common interest. Thanks to Russ, owner of DB, .. he's always been very cool with us there.

Sometimes I guess you just never know if you will be here tomorrow or not and if you do have that challenge.. what will drive you the most to stay in the present.. I found out what I would do.

I'm still recoverying.. head and body.. but I'm alive and before too long will be able to dance again. I got pictures of the car after the fact.. I was suprised at the damage. I never saw the driver from the other vehicle and barely spoke to the police but did talk to the Paramedics.. mainly listened and followed directions a lot.

When I spoke to Albert.. he pretty told me to stay away from DB and heal... I understood.. but I hated it.

The next morning.. Ann came and picked me up so we could get to my auto to take some pics and get some stuff out of the car. We spent the entire day and evening together.

Thank You Ann for being there, for taking care of me and for constantly keeping in mind that it was definitely not my fault that our weekend dance plans got killed because of some B*'s neglegence which almost cost my life. I Love You.

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Pole sana dude!! Something pretty drastic along those lines - car accident - happened to my parents last month, so I really know what you mean. Best wishes for a quick recovery. Live every day with no regrets! :cheers:

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Wow DD, sorry to hear about that. I'm glad that you're relatively OK though... such things really can be much worse. Having been through a car accident in the past year myself, and also having a bad back that acts up from time to time, I can *really* relate to your comment:

Still, and as you point out, it is important to also focus on all of the blessings that we each do have. It seems an unfortunate twist that it sometimes seems to take such jarring experiences to remind us of such things.

Best wishes and prayers for a speedy and swift recovery... and don't forget, the heart can dance even when the body can't.

4. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

How are you doing DD? :?

6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Sorry to hear about the terrible accident. Great to have a true friend like your friend Ann to be there for you! My wishes for a speedy recovery!

7. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Sorry to hear about the accident -- how are you? I'm just glad you are here to tell the tale -- it could have been worse. Take care -- rest now, and you will be back on the dancefloor in no time! Best wishes for a swift recovery.

8. motardmom

motardmom New Member

Oooohhh.... So sorry! BTDT (was in a minor motorcycle accident 2 weeks ago) and I'm just now starting to feel back to normal. My road rash is about healed up though I still have some bruises. It sounds like your accident was much worse than mine. :cry: Get well soon!!!

9. Patapouf

Patapouf New Member

I'm so sorry to hear that DD! I hope everything's better now. On top of everything, I'm glad to hear that you're all right and no major injuries! Take care and wish you a swift recovery!

10. Sagitta

Glad that you are feeling back to normal motardmom. :)

11. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Same here DD! Glad you're okay though.

12. DancinDude

DancinDude New Member

Update

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks a lot for all the nice wishes.. recovery took about a good week or so.. Ann helped out a lot. We tried to go to practice.. no go.. was unable to get the job done.

A lot has happened since then.. as of last tuesday. We've lost our coach. After somewhat of an incident (without indepth explanation) our coach resigned and in a few months will be moving away. One had nothing to do with the other however Ann and I are still moving forward and competing on our own.

I'm back to normal (if you can call it that) and I have my car back. It was pretty wierd getting into it for the first time again.. wasn't sure I wanted to.

Ann and I are practicing on our own about 4 days a week right now. We've found a nice place of our own outside the former studio. Our next comp is in Dallas.

Though we have lost our coach and Ann will no longer be doing Pro-Am.. We'll be heavily working together to do well for worlds.

My thanks to Ann.. my best friend and closest sweetheart of my life in helping me in my recovery process and continuing on fighting for ourselves.

Ann.. you're awesome babe!

Thanks everyone

Ron aka DancinDude

13. Sagitta

Thanks for the update. :)