Dance Ads > dancedresser.com

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by DanceMentor, Aug 27, 2009.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

In a previous thread, I appreciated your comments about the Dore website. Now it would be most appreciate if you could tell me what you think we could do with the Dance Dresser Website to make it more appealing? Or if I could rephrase the question, what would make you more likely to buy from them?

2. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

It is a bit hard to see the light coloring of the letter on the pages. I think the bluish color makes it a bit difficult.

Otherwise the site is fairly clean and simple to navigate!

3. Nybz

Nybz New Member

Larger/more pictures for when you actually click on an item :D

4. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

Definitely better pictures! This shop is local to me but I didn't see anything about their address or shop hours... I'd like that to be more prominently displayed - possibly on the front page since there's so much blank space... Found it. The link is so small and the blue color blends in with the black...

The "new location" is not exactly "new". They've been there a year or more already.

One more thing I forgot... I'm not crazy about scrolling down when there's not a lot of stuff on the page to begin with.

Oh yeah... And the "account" and "cart" things? Can those go up nearer the top? Like right under the search bar? It feels weird having them in the middle of the page when almost every other site that you can shop at has them in the upper right corner...

5. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. Hopefully, this will lead to some positive changes to the site.

6. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

when clicking on product it would be nice to have an option for a larger view of the item. (looking at practice wear.)

7. DancingMommy

And a sizing guide. Because not all "small"s are actually small. Some of them would fit my 5 year old.

8. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

Bluish-grey on black is hard to read. Would be nice to see the manufacturer together with the shoe model (i.e instead of 1025, why not spell out Supadance 1025). Would be nice to be able to filter dancewear by type (i.e. skirts). I second the suggestion for bigger pictures option. Also front and back view.

9. RickRS

RickRS Member

Checking men's shoes: would appreciate some way to find wide widths (if they're there) without having to open each link to check for that. At least one manufacturer had only European sizes; there was nothing to help translate that to US sizes.

No way I would buy clothing with such small pictures to try and judge what I was getting.

10. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I love looking at clothes and shoes, but I think that some of the clothing pictures need to be looked at again. A few of the models are blocking what the items look like. And since there is only one picture, that kind of makes me not want to look at the items again. I don't mind if the clothes are on models, but when their arm is in the way, or their hair is in the way etc., it makes it hard to imagine what the item would look like on me with only one picture.

Also, I think that the lettering should be white. I like the color of the background. But I also almost missed some important information, because the lettering was to dark.

And maybe a viewall button? I actually use this button a lot when I go to different websites.

But overall though, they do have a lot of stuff that I would buy from them! Wish they had hairpieces as that's what I'm looking for right now lol.

11. DancingMommy

To All: as an FYI, this is the best website they've ever had. I'm not sure if you'd ever visted their old site, but honest-to-goodness, this is a 1000% improvement. Even with the minor tweaks mentioned.

I've not met the new owner, but if she's anything like the previous owner, you'll be well taken care of if you buy from them. In the past, instructors got a 10% discount and I don't know if they still do that... But... I'm just putting that out there as something one might inquire about if one was an instructor and wanted to purchase from them.

12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I completely agree!!!! ;)

13. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I just saw another feature I really liked on another site. One listed the shoes by color. That's such a good idea since I'm not really looking for a purple shoe or whatever else that way. It helps break down the search.

14. DancingMommy

You don't want purple shoes? What's *wrong* with you? ;)

15. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol... well, I'm thinking that they may clash with green and black. I may want them in the future though! :p

16. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

A "view all" option would be nice. Currently, you can only view so many items per page.

17. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Agree with this, very nice site otherwise;)