Dance Websites > Dancescape TV on-line videos

Discussion in 'Dance Websites' started by compdancer, Mar 11, 2004.

1. compdancer

compdancer New Member

Has anyone out there tried the on-line video service from Dancescape.com? So far, I have had no luck in getting through.

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it yet, compdancer. It's on my list, though. Do you have to have high speed internet access for it to work, I wonder? That might be the difference. I have a cable modem, that seems to work for most things. I'll tried it, then post here.

3. pygmalion

Hmm. I just tried to register, and the video page in not available. I'll go back, scout around, and see if I can find technical support contact info. btw, did you know Dance Vision has a video sale going on through the end of the month? :wink:

4. compdancer

compdancer New Member

Problem was not with the connection speed; never got that far as you apparently found out.

Was not aware of Dance Vision sale. I was particularly interested in Haapalainen/Suutari advanced latin videos, i.e. gold and open choreography. My partner and I are moving into gold and are now doing a fair amount of open work with advanced styling.

Did not see on the Dance Vision site. Anyone have comments on the Haapalainen/Suutari advanced latin videos?

5. pygmalion

Dance Vision has four Haapalainen/Suutari videos, all with Geoffrey Hearn. $79 each, and unfortunately not available for the usual buy five, get one discount, because they're not produced by Dancevision.

The four tapes available are Cha cha Master Class, Intl Latin Developing Essentials, Advanced Latin Techniques, and Intl Latin Rhythmic Reaction.

I can't comment on them, because I haven't seen them yet. Dance Vision just started selling them recently, sometime last year, so I haven't bought them yet.

I'll keep trying with the online pay-per-view, and let you know if I find anything that works.

:D

6. compdancer

compdancer New Member

Well I finally got it to work. Had to email Dancescape and they sent me a link. Was worthwhile so as to be able to preview before buying. For example the Haapalainen/Suutari video I watched on-line was not quite what I had in mind, intereresting although more advanced than I would want right now.

7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Thanks compdancer!! As the online viewing helps I definitely will make sure to use that when I look at videos I am interested in purchasing. :D