Event Announcements > Dancesport Championship Event May 16, 2009 Presented by Atlantic Ballroom-Towson, MD

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by emeralddancer, Mar 18, 2009.

1. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

Atlantic Ballroom
    is proud to present

Atlantic Dancesport Championship

If you have any questions, please call or email Atlantic Ballroom at:

410.825.JIVE or atlanticballroom@aol.com

Look forward to seeing you there!

atlantic-dance-sport_sml.jpg

2. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

hmmmm. I just emailed requesting more info :cool:

3. emeralddancer

Hehee ... One of them will get back to you with the info! :)

4. emeralddancer

Bumping this ... because it is rapidly coming up and for those of you that want to participate .... well .... contact Atlantic. :D

Look forward to seeing some of you there!

5. emeralddancer

Registration

Thought you would like the site to register if any of you were interested in competing. You can do it online!

Questions just give me a shout!

6. Jump&Jive

Jump&Jive New Member

Hello Everyone, Please register for this comp! It is 30$ for unlimited entries! The online registration is up and running! =)

7. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

The entry form I was sent states that it is $40 for up to 8 entries (adult). I also asked if it was sanctioned, and at the time it was not. Any additional info/clarification on this?

8. emeralddancer

I believe it is sanctioned by USA Dance

My advise is call Igor and Polina at the studio at 410.825. JIVE

9. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

10. Bella

Bella New Member

Just recently heard about this comp - sounds wonderful! Atlantic is a great ballroom, large floor, great instructors - hope everyone has a great time and good luck competitors! :)

11. emeralddancer

Thanks CCM, much appreciated! =) Will you and your hubby enter? Be fun to cheer you on since I have yet (regrettably) to actually see you two dance. I can't wait!!!!

Also Thanks Bella. The floor is fantastic, as well as the area. Free parking, no stairs, Lots of space. And the instructors are top notch!

I personally am excited because one of the pairs from Nationals will be there and I feel like such a kid watching this kid and his partner dance. (there are some others that I am so excited to see!)

Going to be so much fun!!!!!!

Also .... I was thinking and wanted to mention, THIS comp, while it is small would be GREAT for someone who wants to compete but has not because of money and whatnot, or maybe because of fear with such a large comp, like USA Dance events and other PRO/AM geared events.

It is a place to get your feet wet and to really feel what competition is like. The atmosphere is awesome, the people are so nice. there is a real sense of the ballroom community.

So check it out and if you do not compete, maybe stop by to watch the event. You will not regret it!!!!!!!! :D

12. ChaChaMama

Em--Didn't you kind of see us dance at Nationals?

We probably won't compete this one, BUT I think I have persuaded CCP that watching--and hopefully photographing--is a must-do! Naomi wants to come too!!! One of her favorite couples from Nationals is already registered.

13. emeralddancer

LOL yes sorta at Nationals. I was so busy with video. But HERE would be up cloe and personal ya know?! LOL

Awe who is Naomi's fav?

I know Austin is there and can't wait to see him and his partner. So engaging.

EXCITED!

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE if CCP did photos, especially awards. I'll PM ya.

14. ChaChaMama

I just took a peek at the registration, and for a small comp, this is starting to fill up nicely!

7 couples in Youth Champ Standard so far!
    5 couples in Youth Champ Latin.

Pretty cool. And still a few days left to register, I think.

Carol, I realized I never answered your question. Naomi is an Austin and Gabriella fan. :)

15. emeralddancer

So far 119 registered competitors
    16 studios/schools

I am actually so excited about this event.

So if you still want to participate registration is still open.

16. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

are there results anywhere?

17. emeralddancer

18. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

19. emeralddancer

welcome :D