General Dance Discussion > Dancewear: Prices are "hot hot hot"!

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Twilight_Elena, Mar 21, 2005.

1. emanuela

emanuela New Member

:shock: :doh: ... won't be me ...
    So, I gather, to be a dancer you have to be thin, small chest, and rich! :wink:

2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Not for Latin! ;)

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

What's the probability that a woman can wear a size zero on the bottom and still have a chest of any definable size? The possibility certainly exists... I guess. Actually, I do know a few women who are shaped that way naturally, but they're in the minority for sure. 8)

4. pygmalion

Haven't you figured it out yet? :wink: :wink: It's a huge conspiracy against women everywhere. No matter how you are, it ain't good enough. If you're thin, you're too thin. If you're normal sized, you're too fat. If your dress is blue, yellow is the in color this season. If you've worn your dress more that twice, it's too old.

The upshot of it all? Each and every one of us, no matter what we wear or how we look, has to go out and spend more money on products and costumes, right away. Just say no, girls. Just say no. :wink: :lol: :lol:

5. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

The only way to stop the insanity is for all "normal" women to stand up and scream "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore". Of course, all the men will probably just shrug and stare pointedly at the calendar....

In all seriousness, the only way to effect change in this situation is to stage a quiet revolt. Do things our way and eventually things will change for the better. Sitting by leading (or is that following?) lives of quiet desperation never got anyone anywhere.

6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

:lol: ...but this is the only time I get to be semi-large chested!(read:water retention!) 8)

7. DancingMommy

I wish it had that effect on me. Normally it's my gut that enlarges. I'm sad that my upper assets hve finally returned to the way they were pre-babies. I had SUCH fun while they were larger. Now they just look sad and dejected.... :pout:

8. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Yeah, but even if my cat sets her paw on me during this time, it is so painful! Forget doing any dancing! :?
    Sad and dejected boob...er, decolletage? Treat yourself to a soft Victoria's Secret push-up bra! Certainly enhances my (normally)size 34B! 8)

9. DancingMommy

Putting that on my list.....

10. macha

macha New Member

If I ever get to design a dance costume, it is going to be orange and green. With feathers. That way, they won't be able to get past the fact that it is HIDEOUS, to pick apart the rest of it.

11. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

Orange and green? With feathers?

Sorry macha, it's been done.

[​IMG]

:) :) :)

12. pygmalion

ROTFL! That'll set ballroom fashion standards back a decade or two. :lol: :lol:

13. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I think I've actually SEEN that color combinations in some latin costumes, and it worked well! :lol:

14. emanuela

emanuela New Member

[​IMG]
    ... almost ... :raisebro:

15. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Nice headwear! :wink:
    That rainbow dress, though, wear that thing outside and guys will be lining up asking "How much?" :shock:

16. emanuela

emanuela New Member

No wonder I don't like rythm/latin .... :shock:

17. Laura

Laura New Member

The crazy thing is that I'll be someone somewhere will just love it...even that rainbow one above will have someone to love it. Egad! :)

18. pygmalion

What's wrong with the rainbow thingie? :roll: :wink: :lol: Gotta love that thing on the side. Um... boa? fringe? feather? tail? :lol: :lol: :lol:

19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I think it needs a couple unicorns here and there and it'd be just perfect! :wink:

20. Laura

Laura New Member

OH my god you are funny! (Laughing out loud with no one around but the cats....)