General Dance Discussion > Dancewear: Prices are "hot hot hot"!

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Twilight_Elena, Mar 21, 2005.

1. macha

macha New Member

Taffeta. Gotta have layers upon layers of taffeta. And the old-school sequins on the bodice. Oh, I wish I could draw! :lol:

2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Have any idea what taffeta smells like after you SWEAT in it?! :lol:

3. emanuela

emanuela New Member

Ok ... I will start my fight, I'll be the not-rich-with-voluptuous-breast-that-wears-the-same-costume-over-and-over ... when I'll start competing (so far, just in my dreams) ... so if you see someone wearing this costume ...

[​IMG]
    ... well that could be me .... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. emanuela

emanuela New Member

... or maybe this ....
    [​IMG]
    ... arghh!! These costumes are gorgeous!!! I know I won't be able to choose ... :?

5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

That's very pretty! I especially like the back accents!(on the salmon one! gee, I HOPE that's the back!!! :shock: )

6. emanuela

emanuela New Member

That's the front ... look at the front picture.

7. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Nice looking, but not good for Salsa... :(

8. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Those two skimpy straps of silver is the FRONT? (thunk) Just fainted.

9. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

No kidding! I could easily catch an earring, shoe, lead's shoe in that within a minute. How do those ballgowns hide sweat? I'm sure you ballroom dancers work up a pretty good sweat during your routines. Ther is NO WAY I could ever wear anything like chiffon, not to mention those beautiful, light colors, forfear my sweat marks would show! :oops:

10. Laura

Laura New Member

Chiffon is relegated to skirts, so that isn't a problem sweat-wise. And the dresses are lined with the built-in leotard, so that helps too. If you look, a lot of the dresses are sleeveless or have mesh sleeves, so that mitigates the problem.

11. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I think I'd still manage to soak one of those with sweat... :oops:

12. Laura

Laura New Member

I forgot to mention -- in the US at least, they chill the ballroom down to practically meat-locker temperatures :) That helps a LOT with the sweating problems, too. Also, when you're competing, you're really only dancing for at most 7 1/2 minutes at a time, so although you do work up a sweat it doesn't have a lot of time to soak into your clothes -- and there are sometimes stacks of "sweat towels" around so you can blot yourself (or stick the towel down your dress and absorb what's there, if needed).

13. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

That makes much more sense! AT those bloddy salsa clubs, it's pretty warm to begin with(a lot of people don't dance, but choose to sit around drinking and schmoozing. Those people are the cash cows for the clubs, so we can't have THEM being uncomfortable, can we?!). One can easily look like something the cat dragged in after 30 minutes or so of salsa...

14. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

*giggle*

15. emanuela

emanuela New Member

Opps, sorry, I misunderstood what you were referring to :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: