Tango Argentino > Dancing Tango to Milonga and Vals

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Hock Siew, Nov 9, 2011.

1. UKDancer

UKDancer Well-Known Member

Well, the milonga is certainly not the place to do it, but a leader may very well be thinking actively about rhythmic responses to music, and the mechanics of how (and when) to respond to auditory input - but to do it in class or the practica. After all, it is rare to find a naturally gifted dancer, from whom flows great technique combined with musicality, completely spontaneously. We all have to learn our craft somewhere, and we can only start from where we are.

2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oh, very true. I was just musing on the idea of listening to the beats. i just...don't...ever really listen to the beats. I find it strange to listen to them...it's got to be a very deliberate decsion on my part to tune in to the beats. Shrug.

3. salthepal

salthepal New Member

Academic interest, trying to analyze, teaching, etc. When I'm dancing at the milonga, I dance to the music, not abstract counts in my head :)

4. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

This ^

:cheers:

5. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

only did that once as a demo so i could ingore the music to see how many people could see I was off the music.(this freaked my partner tee hee)