General Dance Discussion > Dancing while pregnant

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Peaches, Mar 14, 2007.

1. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

I'm with you there, peaches! :uplaugh:

2. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: Maybe a half hourly charge may be in order? ;)

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i'll never forget when i brought my youngest home... he was 24 hours old... had him at a birthing center, which means he was minimally interfered with after birth. not bathed, not injected.

the way he smelled was like the most fragrant perfume imaginable. a friend of mine came over and she held him and noticed the same thing... intoxicating. that is the natural smell of babies.

but we feed them things they weren't meant to eat, we slather them in chemicals, diaper them in synthecs... IMO, if they don't smell intoxicatingly amazing, it's because of that.

4. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

I really, really like you. :D

Seriously, though, life IS about making choices and no one should be thought of as "wrong" if their opinion is not mainstream.

5. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

If you dance while pregnant with twin kids, will they ever dance with others besides each other :rolleyes: ?

6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Ick. Newborns.

Babies don't like me any more than I like them. They scream when they see me...honestly. No one asks me to play with little ones. I'm fine once they're about 4.

I will never have the experience of tangoing while pregnant. BOT.

7. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

A babysitting bill for each family function would have been in order, for sure. My cousin had two little boys and often got flustered and irritated with them always wanting something from her(my mom used to get mad at her because she wasnt willing to give up "her" time to play with and do homework with, etc. with her kids), so she would pawn them off on whoever would take them. So at family events they naturally gravitated to me (because I can be quite amusing and childish when need be, apparently!), and she happily left them there. And the rest of the family, thinking children were just WONDERFUL, though it nothing unusual and would even sit all the "children" at the same table even though I was a teenager to late 20s at the time.

BOT, our studio owner's wife danced up until her last couple of months. No quickstep or hustle or anything like that, and she would have to sit down more often, but here's a cool end result....we had fri night practice parties and she went to them while pregnant even if not dancing...her kid now is quite happy in a roomful of people talking while music is playing. One of the songs they played alot there for hustle (too slow, IMO, but I like fast hustles) was Dancing Queen by Abba. And he LOVES that song now....could be taken as good, could be taken as bad. hee hee!

8. LindyKeya

LindyKeya Member

Yep - had a friend who danced (swing) up until right before she had her first child. Afterwards, the baby could be calmed down if fussy by playing swing music.

9. Keith

Keith New Member

Sorry about the water breaking joke. After two kids, that stuff does not phase me at all. I think what actually freaked out some of the men when they tango danced with my 9 month pregnant wife was the dancing tummy to tummy rather than chest to chest.

-keith

10. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Ha ha! This is not going to be nice, but when I read this I immediately thought, "Payback!" for the few men I have danced with whose stomachs are indeed so big that you dance stomach to stomach with them. hee hee!! :lol:

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

thats funny... :)

pregnant bellies feel quite different, tho... i'd much rather cozy up to that than a beer belly. <heh>

i know it grosses you & peach out, but some men find pregnant women very attractive... the Fertile Goddess incarnate ;)

12. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Oh I know! Remember Demi Moore posing naked on the cover of a magazine when she was really big pregnant? I know alot of people were like "wow!" And then after that came all the pregnant women with their half-shirts, proudly showing off their bellies.

To each their own, I guess.... ;)

13. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

I thought men liked it because they'd look and think, "Oh wow, she obviously puts out!":rolleyes:

14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

gotta say...that doesn't work for me...oh...and I am for the institutionalized baby smells like baby magic and baby powder...unlike sam, not much into natural baby smell

15. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

OMG! It's a man-thing. When my water broke, my husband's first words were "get off the rug". Ack!

Welcome Keith!

16. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

ROTFLMAO!!!

OMG...I'm choking on my salad.

Best...line...ever!!!!!

17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lmao...:uplaugh:

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

and again...:uplaugh:

hey, babies & birth offer up a multitude of reasons for hilarity... that much i'm sure is universal! :D

19. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

I'm not particularly fond of dancing in contact, but since my teacher's pregnant, it looks like pretty soon I won't have much choice about it. :mad:

20. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

ROFLMAO!!!! I'm sorry...just seeing this thread for the first time and I have to say.....hilarious!!!!! hahahaha