Tango Argentino > Dancing with beginners in close embrace

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Mario7, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Yep. I find a difference between if I'm dancing with a bra versus not, for one reason or another. The latter is definitely easier.

2. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Actually, both scenarios would be amazing. :D

(But yeah, you're right. I fail at basic physics. :oops: )

3. Mario7

Mario7 Member

Crikey, why don't all of you just grow up!:shock:

4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oh, right. Humor and levity are absolutely, positively, NOT ALLOWED in the realm of tango. How silly of me to forget.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Boobs are a fact of life, and they are a fact of close embrace tango. Things being what they are in Western society, there's so much other emotional *stuff* that goes along with them. Learning to turn that off, or to rethink our "relationship" to them is a real part of tango, especially for a beginner; it can be difficult, both for men and women, to learn to be OK with a sort of contact that is generally frowned upon. And, there is the very real physical aspect of things, which Ampster and I had both commented on. Is it so flippin' wrong to discuss those things, and to use humor in doing so?

Oh...right..no humor allowed.

5. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

What do you mean? We are discussing a legitimate aspect of tango. most especially in close embrace. Different body makes, types, sizes, do make a difference in leading. In this case, boobs.

We are trying to keep it as light hearted as possible. I don't see a problem here.

I think this deserves a peripheral thread... I'll go start one

6. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

7. mkjohnson

mkjohnson Member

I'm with Peaches - they're a fact of (Argentine tango) life. Of course I got in trouble for writing about bras on my blog (after a leader complained about the uncomfortable consequences of Madonna-style-torpedo bras.) So I might not be the best judge of discussion propriety.

8. Mario7

Mario7 Member

Mercurial

Gee, one wouldn't think that the embrace itself could be a motivating factor in the dance ..would one? The embrace as a motivating factor?? Hmmm, I seem to remember a thread by that name...and someone referring to sex appeal and stuff like that...wow, how creepy a thought is that? Huh?:nope:

9. Mario7

Mario7 Member

I've never 'turned off' to that nor 'rethunk' my 'relationship' neither. In fact I enjoy it immensly every time I go out. :artsy:

10. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

So that's why you want to dance close embrace?

11. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

quite right......

12. Mario7

Mario7 Member

That's one of the reasons and I'm not ashamed to admit it..having a woman hold me in intimate embrace (almost intimate) is a great pleasure, add to that the golden age traditional music that puts me into a Fellini flick immediately and the fantastic challenge of the dance itself as it flirts with the Nirvana of being in the Zone....voilla, bingo you've got it all..the perfect pastime!:friend: