Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing With the Stars--Get Me Rewrite!

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by ChaChaMama, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Previous Dancing With the Stars Discussions
    Preshow and Week 1 Discussion
    Week 1 Poll
    Week 2 Discussion
    Week 2 Poll
    Week 3
    Week 4
    Week 5
    Finale

Soundtrack
    Judges & Contestants
    In the News
    Music
    Sold Out
    Free Tickets

I am really, really looking forward to the new ABC show "Dancing with the Stars," but I have to take issue with this description from the ABC homepage:

"Six celebrities and their professional partners embark on an intense competition -- live -- in front of a studio audience and the nation.

In this first round of competition, each couple will demonstrate how well their training and rehearsing has paid off, by performing a choreographed cha cha cha routine or a waltz. This Latin style of dance (cha cha cha) allows the female professional dancers, Edyta, Charlotte and Ashly, to lead their celebrity dance partners, Evander, John and Joey. In the ballroom style (waltz), the male professional dancers, Louis, Jonathan and Alec, lead their partners, Trista, Rachel and Kelly.

Watch their moves and then vote for your favorites!"

Women get to lead in cha-cha? :shock:

I still think the show is going to be LOTS of fun. 12 more days!

:) ChaChaMama

2. Porfirio Landeros

Porfirio Landeros New Member

Also, in a way, I think Evander can be counted as a sand-bagger... ;)

I was watching one of my GTV Ballroom tapes from 1998, and I believe it was the Yankee Classic, where one of the hosts points out that the competing couple had just taught Evander to dance on some TV morning show.

But seriously, maybe it's no coincidence that Evander was picked to be on this show, because he was already receptive to ballroom dancing and/or he had made some contacts in the dancesport world :?:

3. Porfirio Landeros

Okay, please re-write to "back-lead".... heehee

4. Laura

Laura New Member

The funny thing about this whole thread is that I heard through the grapevine that Charlotte's student has figured out that things work a lot better when he actually does lead, and is quite happily intrigued by the whole thing.

5. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

When is the first show in ET?

(We rarely watch TV, so we did not have a chance to watch their ad.)

6. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

I think, Wednesday, 1 June, 9pm ET, i.e. if i am not mistaken.

7. flyingwolf

flyingwolf New Member

Looks like exactly the arrangement in BBC's version: chacha/waltz first week

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I wonder how close the parallels will be. Pretty close, I'm guessing. What happens week two? :roll: 8)

9. Laura

Laura New Member

In week 1, the male celebrities are doing cha cha and the female celebrities are doing waltz. In week 2, they swap. Or at least that's what I've read on other boards and have been told via the dance gossip grapevine.

10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Since when do women get to lead anything? :shock:

11. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

and this is on ABC? or ABC Family?

12. pygmalion

Hmm. Good question. I sense a :google: coming on. 8)

13. Porfirio Landeros

I was just reading Evander's profile on the ABC website:

Wow, so I guess him agreeing to be on this show really isn't that far-fetched.

14. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well, that gives him a little bit of an unfair advantage, I think. I wonder if they're going to disclose that little factoid ahead of time.

15. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

That does seem like an unfair advantage. I'll have to be sure and tune in to see how he does.

16. pygmalion

What kind of dance? Just curious. I guess I'll have to watch the show, and see if they mention it in his bio. 8)

17. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

So who's watching? I've missed half of the show. :roll:

18. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

19. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I loved "how's your back. Now let's see what the judges thingk and see if the pain gets any lower." :lol:

20. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

:lol: :lol:

I wished I had seen all of the routines in this show. Hopefully, I'll catch it next week in time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.