Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing with the Stars II - Week 2

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by alemana, Jan 12, 2006.

1. gracie

gracie Active Member

Agree with above- sure looked like Lisa JUST got her upper lip augmented. Did look funny close up. By the way, that is not P. Diddy - He's called Master P. I'm sure the producers are leaving him in to keep us all interested.

2. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

Angel Garcia, he was the male tango lead in the second incarnation of Swango. The show got him into WCS and he tries to make it out whenever possible. He's been working with Jason Colacino and Robert Royston. Also does dance trade with Erik Novoa.

3. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

Where on earth did you hear that? Last I knew there were quite a few better couples out there for lindy. The choreography in Swing Kids was not great lindy hop. It was done for showcasing aeriels. It brought popularity to swing, but that was about it.

Last I knew they weren't one of the top lindy couples out there. They might be good, but not that good. I'm not saying this to put them down, but they had quite a few mistakes on there and I can think of numerous lindy hoppers who are a lot better even with little time to prepare.

As far as sloppy...a truely great lindy couple isn't "sloppy" the moves are not as sharp/snapped as other dances, there's supposed to be a freedom and looseness to the dance...but it's not supposed to look like that. I agree it was sloppy but more from a number of missed beats, missed hand holds, and awkward moments. Had we seen Nathalie & Yuval, who are a performing couple, or Kevin & Carla who are great with improve, Skye, Frida, Nina, Andy Reid.. any of the kids who were on the Minnie's Moochers team would have been better choices.

4. Medira

Medira New Member

Um. Wow. My mother was just watching Access Hollywood and called me out into the living room because Tatum O'Neil was on, ripping apart the judges after being booted off of the show. Apparently they were brutal and harsh and doing a horrible job of promoting ballroom dancing to the general public.

I don't think she's realized yet that it was the lack of audience vote the got her booted off of the show, not the judge's scores.

5. Big10

Big10 Member

Just Jerry Rice? Will Smith has a dance background that would make him strong competition against everybody.

:roll: I have some serious problems with that statement, but I'll just say that everybody starts at ground zero, and any partner dancing requires instruction in one form or another. That's why people hire teachers. Master P has had ballroom instruction for less than one month, at this point.

How is a body type "wrong" for any particular dance? Obviously (if you've seen my other posts), much of the ballroom world is unfamiliar to me, so I don't understand that statement. Stacey certainly seemed "all right" to me....

6. RhumbaWaltz

RhumbaWaltz New Member

How funny - my mom called me on the phone to tell me to watch the "Tatum" segment too! I have rarely seen anyone look as spoiled and immature as Tatum did. I felt embarrassed for Nick, who looked like he couldn't believe the way she was behaving.
    -RW

7. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Word of mouth I guess. Though my info may be dated. When I heard that, most of the people you mentioned were probably not even dancing lindy yet (including Natalie and Yuval). I was under the impression that Robert Royston held them in high regard. The impression I got on other forums is that they didn't dance up to their usual standard.

8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Yes but the thing is he has several months to prepare. He knew well in advnace when the show/competition was and yet he CHOSE to wait until three days before to get ready and learn to dance.

9. chandra

chandra New Member

How long before the first week did romeo get injured? How much ACTUAL time did MP have?

10. Big10

Big10 Member

According to this article, ABC made the announcement on Wednesday, December 14, 2005:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10481686/
    I haven't seen anything to indicate how long before that date the injury occurred. There were two weeks between the announcement of the replacement and the first show of the season on January 5, 2006. Of course, the Christmas and New Year's holidays took place during that time period also.

Some of you guys are just ruthless in your criticisms....

11. swan

swan Member

Tonight supposedly Inside Edition interviewed Tatum O'Neal. Could someone who's watched the show please summarize? I was too busy watching Golden Globe :)

12. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

What are the dances for Thursday's show?

13. Bradamant

Bradamant Member

Jive and Tango -- but I can't seem to find out if they are splitting up who does what by gender or not. Anyone know?

14. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well, the ladies did latin last week, so it'll be the men doing jive. Can't wait to see P lift those clonkers up and down.

15. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I think Master P will make Evander Holyfield look fantastic doing the jive. :)

16. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, I misquoted myself... my intent was "several weeks" to prepare.

17. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

P Diddy would be a MAJOR improvement over MasterP....

18. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

So I'm really behind. Who got booted last the 2nd week?

19. wyllo

wyllo New Member

Tatum and Nick. Love the new avatar!!

20. Porfirio Landeros

Porfirio Landeros New Member

Did anyone see Tatum on Access Hollywood? Talk about bitter!

She said she hopes she never runs into any of the judges every again. They had no right to judge her as a dancer, since she's an actress with no dance training.

Also, she said that the show can't be doing any good as far as people wanting to take dance lessons, since the show is only about humiliation and negativity.

She's done a pretty good job humiliating herself, since she could have been a gracious loser and we would have remembered her as a decent competitor with heart. Instead, she'll be seen as a stuck up sore loser :(