Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing with the Stars II - Week 2

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by alemana, Jan 12, 2006.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

as long as you keep your paws off my men , you can tango anywhere you'd like missy

2. chandra

chandra New Member

:raisebro: :raisebro: :raisebro: y'know... I am going to be in chicago... ;)

3. fascination

yea well none of my men will be there that day:p

4. chandra

chandra New Member

awww shucks... :D

:p

(just kidding fascination... Im perfectly satisfied with mine... Dont need to go searching for others!)

5. fascination

there are really only three that I am particular about ...and they know who they are:cool:

6. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Thank you :)

I am glad it was Tatum, I really disliked her

7. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Tatum is on Letterman right now... she does seem sweet, wacky but sweet.

8. fascination

yea...I dont mean to make excsues for her but I dont think shes so bad...I think that like alot of folks who have been wounded she gets her inner punk up when
    she feels hurt....i think she tried to look gracious on the episode...she just failed

9. Bradamant

Bradamant Member

You know I came into this season of DWTS having heard of Tatum O'Neal but not knowing much of anything about her. I grew to really like her -- especially after tonight's Letterman. On letterman she was very gracious and extremely complimentary of Nick, saying it was an honor dancing with him. She also says she felt like she choked on the rumba. She seemed a lot more comfortable in her skin but still the fundamentally wacky person we saw (under pressure) on DWTS. I don't realy understand some of the really visceral antipathy toward her I've seen expressed on other message boards. I guess I don't mind wacky so much. And I do like people who've had tough times, made bad choices, but then get their act together.
    Too bad. It would have been nice to see her dance and learn and enjoy for another few weeks.

10. fascination

yea and ......ahem how many of us HAVEN'T gotten a little wacky at a practice or a comp due to the pressure?hmmmm? I think it was a sign that she actually cared ...not that she was a prima donna

11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

RIP Oolong.

12. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

I just read 52 pages of comments..............comments were really interesting.

13. dancergal

dancergal New Member

I wished I saw that one. She did seem a little wacky. Well DWTS put her name out there again which is probably good for her. Letterman would never had her on his show for any other reason. When was the last time we saw her in any movie? It's all good. Maybe she'll continue with her dancing.

14. alemana

alemana New Member

i would sort of be suprised if any of the celebs, except John, continued dancing after the show was over. the way the stars were tossed into intensive training has probably left a fairly bad taste in their mouths... plus they must be terribly busy maintaining their C-and-D-list celebrity schedules....

15. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Tatum

I'm sure you're right. There's a pretty good bio of Tatum at http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800031205/bio. It confirms that she hasn't done much lately.

16. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Actually Tatum said to the EM, when she was voted off, that she just might go on a "pro-am tour" with Nick. So it is definitely something that they had spoken about and she just might do.

17. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

:notworth:
    You go, girl!

18. alemana

alemana New Member

her movie career is over, her kids grown, i think - maybe she's ready!

wouldn't it be funny if this show spawned a bunch of pro-am dancing even worse than what we already have (she said, a pro-ammer herself)?! except with the "celebrities," more people would see it! hah. i love the irony.

19. dancergal

dancergal New Member

That would be very interesting. I'm sure it would spark some interest in the public. Even though Tatum hasn't done much acting lately, people still know her name.

The stars in season 1 all said how much they love dancing once they found it, but how many have kept up with it? Kelly Monaco said she threw her dance shoes in the closet and hadn't touched them. My bet is none of them have kept it up.

20. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Well, we know John has to at least some extent! :wink: