Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing with the Stars II - Week 3

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by alemana, Jan 18, 2006.

1. alemana

alemana New Member

This week it's jive and tango. One can only imagine how hours and hours of jive every day feels - especially to a newbie - so I have a lot of sympathy for the "celebs" this week.

You can read some mildly interesting commentary on the blogs on the ABC site btw - cheryl, bruno and louis all have one. it's in the left-hand nav.

2. Medira

Medira New Member

I checked them yesterday morning to see if anything new had been added...have they been updated since then?

I definitely feel for the people who end up doing jive. That's gotta be brutal on the knees, ankles, back, hips...

3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Yup, I'm predicting a knee blow-out for P. It's hard to keep that up for any length of time...nevermind hours on end a day. My guess is that many of them will be doing swing, not jive.

4. Ralph

Ralph New Member

Or what about George Hamilton, he already had some knee injuries. (I'm guessing he will have to do the Jive). I'm curious how Lisa and Stacey are going to do in the Tango.

5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

He'll have to be the Master of Illusion again! :)

6. swan

swan Member

True...Neither of the pros are strong smooth/std dancers. But they could do Tango sorta like Paso :)

Rosarita Giselle, I feel has an upper hand on the Tango.

Not even gonna think how poor Tia will do! Bottom 2 might come down to Tia & Master P and if George's jive doesn't hold up, we might just get to see Master P for another week! Ai-ya-yai!

7. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Lovely, I can just see P doing tango. :roll:

Then again at atleast the sneakers might be ok for jive. ;)

8. DancePoet

Oh my! I just had a wacky thought ... P doing AT ... eek!

9. DancePoet

Hmmm ... might not be a bad guess. :cool:

10. gusmahler

gusmahler New Member

Pre-show prediction:

George will get booted. Don't know if he'll get the lowest scores (probably won't, as P will keep up his last place streak), but George's injury is going to be his downfall.

11. alemana

alemana New Member

anyone else want to wager?

12. mamboqueen

I think it *should* be P, but my fear is that it will be Tia. I really hope not. Not much good bum-watchin' after that.

13. alemana

alemana New Member

btw MQ? remember my comment about the two necklaces? a review of a videotape of the show at the studio last night produced hoots of disapproval.

14. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

He does a leg hook and ashley falls backward and crashes to the floor--ooh ick

15. mamboqueen

and no doubt, you pointed out the "2 necklace" faux pas??!!! So, what'd they think of his butt? *LOL*

16. Infosaturated

Infosaturated New Member

Who will do what?

Last year at this point they stopped assigning the dances by sex. Rachel and John got to Tango and Kelly, Joey, and Evander Jived.

I predict Stacy, Jerry, George and Giselle will be given the Tango

Drew, Miller, Tia and Lisa will be given the Jive

I wish it were not so. I would like to see Stacy getting the Jive because I want to see what else she can do. If she Tangos then she is at risk of seeming to repetitive, a one trick pony. She is far more likeable than Rachel but she is already being seen as a step pose model rather than a dancer by non-dancers.

I want Miller to Tango, picture it, Miller and Ashley in a Tango. Jive will allow him to ham it up and "pass" with the viewing public. Tango would be a trainwreck for him and hopefully convince his fans that it is time to put him out of his misery.

He did know he was going to be the replacement dancer at least by December 15th but he wouldn't rehearse with Ashley. He was a last minute replacement for his son and just wanted a forum to say something about Katrina and to encourage kids in the "hood" to be willing to try new things. I am sure he fully expected to be voted off week one and didn't mind in the least. He thought of it as a lark and didn't expect to be expected to take it seriously. I recall last year stars saying it was far more work than they had been led to believe by their contracts which only require a few hours a week of practice. They suck in the stars with the contracts. The stars soon find out that they will look awful if they don't put in far more time than is officially required as per their contracts.

Miller is now stuck. He did not bargain for nor does not want to spend hours every day training for the duration of the show. As you could all see, he did practice harder for the second show and I am sure he is going to practice hard this week too but his heart isn't it. All he needs is a graceful (no pun intended) way to retreat.

17. wyllo

wyllo New Member

hmm, first thought is that P and George will get lowest judges scores. Although, Edyta has done a great job of hiding George's limitations with choreography and I don't doubt that she will do it again this week. I'd be willing to bet that P's feet never really leave the floor and he'll shuffle through the jive.

Tia may be down there as well -- although she had a very nice waltz and if she can improve on that she should be in the middle of the pack, if not higher.

I'm not so sure Stacy will do well with waltz, her long limbs could end up looking messy in such a precise dance.

I think top scores will go to Giselle, Drew and Jerry.

18. mamboqueen

Wouldn't you *hate* to be in the position of having to do 20 free hours of lessons than 5??!!

Whine.....

19. alemana

alemana New Member

no, it was so egregious that it was pointed out before i could even open my mouth. plus we're talking dancers here - nobody is more critical of other peoples' body/appearance. hands were waved extravagantly at the big screen, both in the direction of the necklace monstrosity and the hair. no comments were made about butts, i assure you.

20. mamboqueen