Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing with the Stars II - Week 3

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by alemana, Jan 18, 2006.

1. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Great story! There really is some good coming from having this show on T.V. :D :D :D

2. DancePoet

I suspect the ratings would go up. ;) :lol:

3. DancePoet

Ayuh, it's all about ratings and ad revenue.

4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I think that instead of viewers voting for their favorite couple, the couple they would like to come back next week, they should be voting for their least favorite couple, the couple they don't want to come back next week. In other words, vote for the one you don't like.

5. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Yup!

6. Medira

Medira New Member

I think that would be a much better idea...especially when you're having trouble deciding who you want to vote for because you have a couple of favourite couples.

7. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

But that would make it much easier for the public to get rid of the "villains". And without villains, reality tv is no fun.

8. Infosaturated

Infosaturated New Member

That, and very negative hit to the star getting voted off. This way it is a combination of judge's score and fan votes, the other way, it is viewers saying specifically that they don't want you. No celebrity in their right mind is going to sign up for a show that gets them voted off based on active negative viewer feedback. They might as well kiss their career goodbye. This way, not getting enough votes doesn't mean people hate you, just that you have fewer fans than the others. A vote from the audience saying "we want you gone" is much worse.

9. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

They could change it for one week, that way the people watching would know, and the people blindly dialing P's number just to mess with the show wouldn't know, hehe. (But since I"m probably loading a couple phone #s into my phone to blindly call after my dance lesson (won't be home in time to vote), I'd end up voting off someone I liked then. Oh well...