Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing with the Stars II - Week 4

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by mamboqueen, Jan 23, 2006.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

i do too but I have been loving project runway...cant help it:rolleyes:

2. Beto

Beto Active Member

That's a great show. I started watching it last month while out of town for a few weeks. Pretty amazing what the designers have to come up with each week.

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I've never watched it. The commericials turned me off. Too much ego, IMO. :(

Is the show really good? :?

4. fascination

its a hoot imo...but not good to start in the middle...try to do the catch up episodes if you are really interested

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Agreed... knowing who's who and what has come before makes a difference.

6. fascination

do you have a favorite?

7. SDsalsaguy

*Not* Santino!!!

8. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Somebody help! This thread is being hijacked!!!

;-)

9. fascination

agree

10. fascination

sorry at least we're not flirting

11. Big10

Big10 Member

Is dancing "honest" only if it's good? To me, Master P was honest with his movement/dancing -- he just wasn't very good on any technical level. To underscore that point, I believe that Ashly continued to have affection for Master P primarily because of his honesty -- despite his deficiencies in technique/talent.

How could Master P be the model for a successful "quick fix"? :confused: He sucked! Everybody knew that....even Master P himself!

I'm much more in agreement with Infosaturated's analysis of what happened amongst the viewers.

12. Big10

Big10 Member

I feel better after seeing you post that! I haven't told any other guy that I routinely keep up with both a ballroom dancing reality show and a fashion designing reality show. :lol:

(Actually, the only reason I know about Project Runway is because one participant, Chloe, lives here in Houston and I know her personally.)

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think the number being bandied about was that P had practiced for a total of 20 hours up through the last episode, and that was a fraction of the time the other "contestants" spent practicing. Even discounting for the fact that he had come in during the middle of the preparation period to cover for his son, that's still not much.

D'ya think that most people would say that those 20 hours was giving an honest effort?

14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Well, yes. But, the TV exposure and future name recognition is priceless.

15. pygmalion

Agreed. :) :cool:

16. SDsalsaguy

Sure... but they still have to pay their bills now. :wink:

17. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Sometimes "reality" T.V. reminds me of the Romans and their ideas of entertainment in the Coliseum.

18. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

This could change. ;)

19. gusmahler

gusmahler New Member

I missed the show on Friday because I was out of town. I visited my mother the next day and figured she was watching it. She did. I asked her who was eliminated. She told me it was Tia! And she was so upset at P continuing, that I thought she was right (she's a former ballroom dancer).

Of course, she wasn't right. I don't know how she could be confused because they spent 10 minutes talking about how he was eliminated. Then I called her and told her that P WAS eliminated. I found out what happened.

For each of the other competitors, announcing their names means they are saved. But when the last two are there, the name announced is the one eliminated, not the one saved. She was so mad when P's name was announced (figuring he was saved, not eliminated) that she changed the channel. Whoops.

20. pygmalion

Good point. The way they did the announcements was confusing. I hadn't noticed that until now. Hmm. :?