Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > "dancing with the stars" in the news...

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by robin, Jun 17, 2005.

1. robin

robin New Member

Previous Dancing With the Stars Discussions
    Preshow and Week 1 Discussion
    Week 1 Poll
    Week 2 Discussion
    Week 2 Poll
    Week 3
    Week 4
    Week 5
    Finale

Soundtrack
    Judges & Contestants
    In the News
    Music
    Sold Out
    Free Tickets

Have a look at google news and search for "dancing with the stars", it's unbelievable how many different articles there have been recently. Many of them combine some element of reporting the TV show with a local interest story...

If you want it restricted to US stories, try this search:
    http://news.google.co.uk/news?hl=en...b=nn&q="dancing+with+the+stars"+abc&scoring=d
    (currently 400+ stories...). Have any of you approached a local paper yet? what was the reaction?

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks robin. :D

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Dittto! :p

4. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

There's a very nice interview with John O'Hurley here. Sounds like Charlotte is putting him through the wringer, but he's pretty good-natured about it. "I'm touching parts of my body I haven't seen in 25 years." :shock:

5. pygmalion

I don't even want to think about the possible double entendres involved in that statement. He has a great sense of humor, IMO. 8)

6. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

John O'Hurley said, "I've rediscocered my hips. Now that I've found them, I must use them for good and not for evil." :lol: :lol:

7. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

8. Medira

Medira New Member

I love watching John because he has such a wonderful attitude toward the whole experience. He has been a treat to watch right from week one, even during the dances where he's struggled.

9. pygmalion

I totally agree, Medira. Either he has a stellar attitude or he's a darn good actor. I believe that he has a great attitude. Can't wait to see him in a Speedo. It'll be interesting to see if his good sportsmanship holds up under the Speedo challenge. :lol: :lol:

10. Medira

Medira New Member

:lol: I think it will! I can't picture him *not* being a good sport about it. I think that if he was just acting, as far as his attitude is concerned, we would see it more in the training clips they show. After all, the producers need something to work with that can generate some buzz among the viewing public.

Speaking of the show in the news, has there been any word on the ratings yet?

11. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

He does seem to at least slightly regret having said this. I suspect if he had this to say over again he might add a few more pounds now that he has taken off so much. ;)

12. Medira

Medira New Member

*giggles* I agree, DP.

After working for 6 years as a lifeguard, I firmly stand by the belief that male speedos (of the nuthugger variety, at least) should be banned no matter what you look like. They're completely unflattering and they leave so much room for potential "oops" moments.