Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing With The Stars Season 10 - Finale!

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by ash_sk8s, May 24, 2010.

1. ash_sk8s

ash_sk8s Member

Everyone ready for tonight? I'm excited because I'll actually get to watch it on TV with the rest of the world! :) GO EVAN!

2. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Here are the dances for this week:

Erin & Maks - Samba, Freestyle, Argentine Tango and ???
    Evan & Anna - Viennese Waltz, Freestyle, Argentine Tango and Quickstep
    Nicole & Derek - Rumba, Freestyle, Argentine Tango and Jive

Does anyone know what Erin and Maks' 4th dance is?

3. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

they have to do 4 dances??? wow. ... or is one dance for tomorrow night?

how come Evan and Anna dont get any Latin dances?

4. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I think one is for tomorrow night. As far as Evan not getting Latin, I don't know. I do know that one is the freestyle, another is a previous dance of their choice (all picked Argentine Tango) and one is a redemption dance (new choreography) picked by the judges. I don't know about the 4th.

5. Shandy

Shandy Member

Here's what I know

Tonight:
    Nicole - Rumba and Freestyle
    Evan - Viennese Waltz and Freestyle
    Erin - Samba and Freestyle.

First dance was chosen by the judges as the 'redemption dance'. A dance that the judges believe that the partnership didn't reach their full potential.

Evan - It was his first dance, looking for better footwork and connection
    Nicole - Showed nerves
    Erin - Maks took of his top and received Len's wrath.

Most importantly, ALL THE VIEWERS VOTES must be cast based on these two dances. There is no viewer vote on any of the dances on Tuesday. (This is what I've been told but I soooo can't believe it, I'd double check and not take this as gospel!)

Onto Tuesday.

All couples have chosen the Argentine Tango as their favourite dance.

The third placed couple will be announced and the final two will have a dance-off ranked only by the judges. Apparently the couple chose the following dances:

Nicole - jive
    Evan - quickstep
    Erin - viennese waltz

Hope this helps.

6. ash_sk8s

ash_sk8s Member

My thoughts:
    - Erin's samba definitely improved over her first one! I think she was deserving of the higher scores than Evan/Anna and Nicole/Derek
    - I felt Nicole's rumba had too much choreography and not enough rumba...
    - Evan's Viennese was just alright to me, good, but good have been better

Nicole/Derek definitely had the best freestyle routine, but that's not surprising to me at all given Nicole's dance background. Too bad they missed the lift at the end!

I would really love to see ONE time where the couples have to dance international style. Or even American. Just without all the filler choreography. It would definitely be a real challenge!

7. contracheck

contracheck New Member

What do you people think about Ann Inaba's complaint about Dereck/Nicole's Rumba having a lift before the end of the music. Len seems to think that the lift occurred after the end of the music. Upon rewatching the tape several times, I haveto agree with Len. If Ann was wrong, is there a recourse?

8. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Just rewatched, it was before the music was done.

9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Erin & Maks - really enjoyed the samba; showed improvement from before; Erin looked like she was having a great time; thought the freestyle was unfortunate

Nicole & Derek - Not enough rumba in the routine; enjoyed the freestyle

Evan & Anna - liked the v. waltz; showed improvement from before; liked the freestyle, reminded me a bit of their jive routine; couldn't understand why the judges panned it so much; may have to watch it again on YouTube

Voted this morning...go Evan!

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

only saw evan's freestyle, nicole's freestyle and snippets of erin...from my vantage point; evan got hosed...and erin looked sloppy (as, imo, her legs generally do), nicole was, as usual, quite good

11. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Watched Evan & Anna's freestyle again on YouTube...still couldn't figure out why the judges didn't like it...oh well...

12. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

the judges love to sway the audience to vote one way or another, thats why.

my vote is for evan, but i am afraid that america is entirely too influenced by the judges. and i have a feeling america loves nicole.

13. New in NY

New in NY New Member

I thought Erin's samba improved commendably. I did not care much for the freestyle, although I applaud them for trying something other than the expected. I like Evan's freestyle, although others at my house did not enjoy it as much. I thought Nicole danced well. My impression was that the lift occurred after the music ended. Did anyone else notice that Nicole tugged down her pants as she was speaking to Brooke? It was a bit ... odd.

14. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Because the judges want Nicole to win (as is painfully clear from their comments. Seriously, Carrie Anne has some kind of girl crush going on.)

I found Erin's marks on Samba WAY too high. It didn't improve nearly that much. And I hated her freestyle--same old hair-flipping, rolling around "contemporary" crap they put on SYTYCD.

I thought Evan had some issues with VW (the collapsing through the body) that I think was the height difference really coming through.

Totally fine with busting Derek and Nicole for the lift. But then I'm always okay with invigilating when it goes the way I want it to. ;) Plus I found the setup visually unappealing. It just looked wonky and didn't flow with rhumba.

15. contracheck

contracheck New Member

I believe that, right before the music ended, Nicole's foot was on the floor but it was hidden behind Dereck's right leg. In any case, Ann is the only judge who fusses about lift, the rest don't seem to care. IMHO, this is so because lift is the only move Ann can judge. All of her other comments make no sense to me at all. Even her choking up and tearing look fake to me. Anna's crying from the stress, on the other hand, looks genuine.

16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Why do they want her to win? I mean, let's fawn all over the competitor with a lot of prior dance experience, who doesn't have to work as hard as others, and has time to worry about camera angles.

17. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I have no idea. Insufficient number of female/minority winners? Derek might leave and they figure another win would keep him around? They honestly think she's just THAT AWESOME?

18. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

And then before the music finished, she swung around and he picked her up and THEN the music ended. Even if it was after (which it wasn't), they still wanted to get the audience "wow! He's so strong and can pick her up!" from the performance. If lifts aren't allowed, and you're trying to push the line, don't be surprised if you get called on crossing the line. How long has this show had ONE thing CAI gives a flip about (since I agree, it's the only thing she's really all that competent to judge)???? You have to keep your feet on the floor or CAI is going to cut a point. (Unless of course you're Derek's sister. She never seemed to have to obey that rule.)

19. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Haha! Since I didn't watch judges' comments or scores, I had to go back when I read about it here. FINALLY! CAI makes a call that I like! :)

20. contracheck

contracheck New Member

You may want your eyes examined. I am not the only one who says that the lift took place music ended. Len, Derek, Nicole, New in NY. How can so many people be wrong?