Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing With The Stars Season 10 - Finale!

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by ash_sk8s, May 24, 2010.

1. TAK

TAK Member

Dialidol had Evan slightly ahead. I know that's just the phoned-in votes, but based on my very unscientific sample, I'd be shocked if he hadn't won with the audience. I don't know a single person who actually wanted Nicole to win.

The fact that it was probably a judges' coup makes it all the more annoying! Booooo.

2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

as moderator I am asking you (and wooh) to drop this line of discussion in this thread please...

3. RickRS

RickRS Member

Well, it's only a tv show. Nothing ever "fair" about that.

Still, Evan was like the nicest guy that ever on this show and has really done a good job with his dancing. I like his "Footloose" routine and it was clear that the judges were not going to let him win when they ripped him for that.

4. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

the judges are all a bunch of haters.

5. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

LOL, much as Johnny probably SHOULD be a follow, and to be blunt probably wants to be (men don't get the sparkly dresses and heels, after all, and this is the guy who's done a runway show in womens' clothes) I doubt the producers would let him.

I think Derek deserves the female equivalent of Master P at this point (too bad Tony got saddled with her already!) and, though I hate myself for saying this, I kind of would like to see *Corky* Ballas come back and be given a partner who's not a joke. LOL, imagine a Corky-Louis-Karina final....

6. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

THAT WOULD BE FAB!!!!!!! :bouncy:

7. chica latina

chica latina New Member

Really? For me he didnt show much his personality to truly know how he is as a person, which we know can make viewers vote... but in the finale on Monday, is the first time I started thinking that he was not... I didnt appreciate the clip where he disagrees with what Anna wants. She's the teacher and who knows what ballroom dancing should look like, even if it's freestyle it was judge based on ballroom.

and a few people that I talked to, commented that they thought he was probably not easy to work with.

On yesterday's show he came accross much better, but still i'm not sure.

8. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Not too strange, most talented high achievers are notoriously difficult to work with. So, try to be a difficult person to work with if you want to be somebody someday.

9. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I would not take that highly-edited bit from one episode all that seriously. For starters, Evan's never been known for being difficult. (Not least because Frank Carrol would BEAT HIS @$$ if he were--Frank does not hesitate to kick the real prima donnas to the curb. One Chris Bowman was enough in his life.) Second, I don't think it was Evan who was really causing Anna stress there--I think she KNOWS what kind of freestyle normally wins, and it's not her strong suit. (Heck, having listened to the judges' tongue-bathing of Nicole/Derek for weeks she might have seen the writing on the wall anyway.)

Also, most skating fans would laugh at anyone calling Evan "highly talented." FRANK even said, Evan's not the most naturally gifted skater. But he's an insanely hard worker and he takes direction well.

Basically, no one in skating would ever call Evan a prima donna (except Johnny Weir, who's just increasingly, sadly, bitter. Now THERE is someone I wouldn't want to work with.

10. ash_sk8s

ash_sk8s Member

Well, I'm not surprised at who won, but I'm definitely sad about it! :(

11. Me

Me New Member

I know this is not a nice thing to say, but I really hate how Argentine Tango was glorified on DWTS this season.

I hate it because in opens the floodgate for less-than-ethical ballroom instructors to parade around like they are tango experts. The people at home simply don't know any better. If they watch DWTS and are swayed by the final results show to think AT is cool, what are they going to go? They are going to pick up the phone and call a ballroom studio.

Very recently I lost an AT job opportunity to a ballroom instructor who knows absolutely nothing about Argentine, but this instructor was quite eager to take the money and go play tango expert. *sigh* I really hope that isn't a sign of things to come.

12. chica latina

chica latina New Member

I may already be :(

(just kidding...)

13. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

At the end, the outcome was not a surprise at all: the judges clearly had a proclivity towards Nicole during the final stretch...

14. reb

reb Active Member

I saw very little - enjoyed what I saw.

Except, most anything to do with gosselin including the juxtaposition of the word 'reality' . . .

:rolleyes:

15. contracheck

contracheck New Member

But didn't you likle Nicole/Derek's Jive in the final? They danced like posessed people to me.

16. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Oh, personally, I did not have a strong rooting interest between the final 3 couples--so I was not disappointed either way...

17. contracheck

contracheck New Member

When you become somebody, just remember that I nourished you how to become one.

18. contracheck

contracheck New Member

I don't know why people like to prevent me from communicating with beautiful young ladies.

19. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

Arthur Murray teaches AT, WCS, Lindy, Polka, Salsa.. just about any partner dance you want to learn in addition to ballroom dances. So people may go to learn at a place like that if DWTS piqued their interest in AT. *shrug* whatever

Maybe the person responsible for hiring knew something you didn't.

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

cracked me up. and frankly, neicy looked wonderful, IMO.