Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing with the Stars season 11

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by lacubs, Aug 3, 2010.

1. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

hey, I was first in line, people!!!!

seriously though, this is the absolute LAST thing I need in my TV shorts right now...

2. Warren J. Dew

Warren J. Dew Well-Known Member

I think they should try to get Ashley Dupre ... though she might be too expensive.

I doubt Todd Palin would have the same draw as Bristol did. Bristol was well known because of the well known teen mom turned anti-teen-pregnancy-spokesman shtick. In contrast, the general public knows little or nothing about Todd.

3. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

OK. It's not DWTS, but TC posted the link that had a link and...

"I heard they're bringing Mary Murphy back and I'm really happy for her," Michaels says. "I've sat in that chair, but I feel like that was Mary's chair."
    We're psyched for Murphy to return to So You Think You Can Dance. Do you feel the same?

I'm guessing there will be lots of SYTYCD fans who will be thinking of joining you.

4. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Ugh... (Although in defense of one "political" possibility, Megan McCain is actually quite charming, and she's actually done something other than be related to someone in the news.)

5. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

If we're going to have someone with Republican associations, I would go for Mary Cheney over Todd Palin any day. You know who might be good? Ann Coulter. She's certainly got the body. I doubt ABC would do that because of the "loose cannon" factor, but you never know.

6. Warren J. Dew

I don't think she's done anything as well known as the things Bristol has done.

Why do you think which party has anything to do with it? Spitzer's not Republican.

Coulter is likely too expensive. There's a reason why you don't see any real stars on DWTS.

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

TC..you are now on the hook for monitoring this thread since you have brought this plague down upon us :)

8. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Then have Steven Colbert dance. His rightwing parody is so over the top that ppl actually believe he is rightwing. But talk about a loose cannon...

9. ChaChaMama

If you actually read my sentence, you will note that I said "If we are going to have someone with Republican associations, I would go for Mary Cheney over Todd Palin any day." I IN NO WAY implied that Spitzer was a Republican. I implied that Todd Palin is a Republican.

Believe it or not, I know who Spitzer is. (Not in the biblical sense.)

10. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

LOL....run TC, run!!

11. Warren J. Dew

You implied that they might be specifically interested in a Republican. The fact that Spitzer is among the names being bandied about seems to be a counterexample to that. That's why I was wondering why you might think the political party would matter.

12. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

:shock: :car:

13. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I heard on the radio driving into work this morning that Jennifer Grey is scheduled to have surgery in a couple of days for a ruptured disk. She mentioned the injury on the DWTS finale.

I hope her win was worth it.

14. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

wow. cant help but say i am not surprised.

exactly.

15. ChaChaMama

How did I KNOW that this thread wasn't going to say "Oh, whoops. I see what you meant now. Sorry for ASSUMING you didn't know which political party the ex-governor of New York was." :rolleyes:

I think what you saw my sentence as implying says a lot more about how you read it than about what I wrote. But I also think that it is pretty boring for two adults to snipe at each other, so if you do not object or feel a super-compelling need to get in the last word, let's drop it and go back to discussing the topic at hand.

+++

I think it would be wise of DWTS in general to mix it up and go for a different kind of controversial ratings getter. Kate Gosselin and Bristol Palin both drew in viewers, for different reasons. They obviously like having someone who will generate a lot of buzz and make people who would not normally watch DWTS tune in. I wonder who the best bet would be...that the show could actually get? (I don't think they are going to get Kate Middleton!)

16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I also heard on the radio DWTS is trying to get Lindsay Lohan, who would be another controversial ratings getter.

It's too bad about Kate Middleton. ;)

17. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

if kanye west wasnt actually a star, he would def be a great consideration!!!

who else?? hmm... mel gibson??

18. Warren J. Dew

Indeed. I read the word "Republican" in your post to mean "Republican". If you meant something else, I'd appreciate a clarification - I don't see any alternative reading.

Ladies first.

19. Josh

Josh Active Member

Ladies and gentlemen, please move along...... let's keep things as civil as possible and try not to even talk about political parties.

20. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

thank you Josh....