Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing with the Stars Season 12

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Another Elizabeth, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Yeah, momentarily forgot about that one.
    Not so surprising, really. They are not taught a love for the dance, they are taught to perform. A very few have taken social lessons afterward.

2. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Kirstie also probably has the whole stay fit and healthy motivation too. I know she will be preforming at Dance with Me in NJ with Maks...

3. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Actually, you DO sometimes here about the DWTS contestants continuing with ballroom. Emmit Smith definitely continued with dance and made a big deal about the fact that he was going to go learn how to do these dances socially with his wife. Lisa Rinna planned to continue.

Video shot of Emmit Smith talking about ballroom:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DjZnA1zKNo

I'm sure many of them don't continue, but remember, for many of them, doing this show is not about learning how to ballroom dance; it's about giving their careers a boost. It's not like they were looking around for a hobby and said "Wow, I want to do that!" Their agent called them and said "Hey, want to do DWTS? X and Y did it, and got to star in a Broadway show afterward. Z did it and sold more albums than he had in years." It's a means to an end for many.

4. Leon Theou

Leon Theou Active Member

In light of all the brouhaha about Mark's er... homage to Max Kozhevnikov, I thought that people might enjoy the first part of this video:
    (youtube) watch?v=Uq_lreK5vb4&feature=youtu.be

5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Tatum O'Neal too...