Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing With The Stars Shakeup

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by lacubs, Feb 22, 2014.

1. lacubs

lacubs Member

Brooke Burke-Charvet Out as Co-Host

Brooke Burke-Charvet will no longer be by Tom Bergeron's side on Dancing With the Stars.

Burke-Charvet exclusively confirms to me that she will not be returning to the ABC show.

"I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting DWTS but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture," she said in a statement. "I've always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn't able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I've seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake."

Meow.

Sources tell me Burke-Charvet had no idea her job was on the line. ABC apparently informed her this afternoon she wouldn't be returning.

PHOTOS: See the celebrities that lost the most weight on DWTS!
    Brooke Burke-Charvet, DWTS ABC/Adam Taylor

"We can confirm that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be joining us next season," DWTS executive producer Conrad Green said in a statement. "She's been a wonderful part of the Dancing with the Stars family since her triumphant win in season seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team. We'd like to thank Brooke for her years of great service."

Burke-Charvet first joined DWTS as a contestant, winning season seven with her partner Derek Hough. Three seasons later, she replaced Samantha Harris as cohost.

This isn't the first major shakeup to rock the upcoming season. ABC most recently announced that its 28-member orchestra of musicians and singers was being replaced Ray Chew and his band.

"We feel that there are some types of music and types of songs, a lot of modern music particularly, is so produced that it's impossible for an 18-piece band to replicate that sound," Green told The Hollywood Reporter of the change. "You get to a point where you're forcing a band to try and do sound that they just literally can't pull off."

DWTS will continue its one-night format when Season 18 kicks off on March 17. The show's two-night tradition was cut in half last season.

Glee star Amber Riley, also along with Hough, was crowned winner last season.

Burke-Charvet's end with the show was first reported by RumorFix.

e online .com

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

So does the band change mean that they're going to be using some recorded music? Or that they are changing their music selections?

3. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

I believe they will be using recorded music.

4. clumsy fellow

clumsy fellow Active Member

Correct.

JudeMorrigan and cornutt like this.
  5. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

ROTFLMAO! Excellent!

6. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Awww.....I LIKE Tom Bergeron. Although, if he looked more like Mario Lopez, you wouldn't hear me complaining. ;)

sbrnsmith and Purr like this.
  7. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

As long as they keep Tom Bergeron, I don't care what they put next to him (though who will fawn over Derek now?) But Drew IIRC subbed pretty nicely...

slhull.13 likes this.
  8. ajiboyet

Erin Andrews will co-host with Tom Bergeron.

9. ajiboyet

Of course. I just imagined how I would feel if I were Brooke Burke and I stumbled onto this page.

fascination likes this.
  10. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Probably cries all the way to the bank.

IndyLady likes this.
  11. Hedwaite

A lot of things factor into what makes a person attractive to me, but I dislike her for a few other reasons, too. There are a lot of attractive women I wouldn't have minded taking the spot, but since they're mostly sci-fi chicks, I seriously doubt any of my picks would make it unless the Peacekeepers tried to storm the studio, lol.

danceronice and IndyLady like this.
  12. ajiboyet

Hardly makes it okay...but we digress...

Has any pro tweeted (or something) that they'll be back? I'm desperately looking for any scrap of news I can get.

13. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I don't really care for her. Didn't like her dancing on her season and thought she was way overrated

14. ajiboyet

Didn't like her dancing either. But I'm hoping she'll be a good host.

15. Hedwaite

16. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I like Erin Andrews. I hope she does a good job. I thought Brooke was better than Samantha by a long shot. Maybe Erin will be better than Brooke. It is so painful to watch when the host is not good...

17. slhull.13

slhull.13 Active Member

Tom Bergeron 4eva!

But seriously.

I thought Brooke was an improvement over Samantha Harris, but there's always room for even MORE improvement!

18. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Just a small note of moderation. Whether you are talking about DF members, pros in the dance world, or even some hollywood persona... we just don't talk trash.

If you wouldn't say those things to that persons face... then don't say it here either. Just imagine... talking to your best friend and trashing someone. Then that person walks up and joins your conversation circle. And you stop talking about them.... ever wonder WHY? Ever wonder what they weird feeling in the pit of your stomach is about. Ever wonder why one suddenly becomes unable to speak about anything? Ever wonder why you stand there rather all awkward?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    ajiboyet and fascination like this.