Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing with the Stars - SOLD OUT

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by SambaRumbaGirl, Jun 6, 2005.

1. SambaRumbaGirl

SambaRumbaGirl New Member

Previous Dancing With the Stars Discussions
    Preshow and Week 1 Discussion
    Week 1 Poll
    Week 2 Discussion
    Week 2 Poll
    Week 3
    Week 4
    Week 5
    Finale

Soundtrack
    Judges & Contestants
    In the News
    Music
    Sold Out
    Free Tickets

Hi All! Well sorry to report but all shows for Dancing with the Stars are sold out. Myself and a friend have put ourselves on the waitlist but we'll see. I guess it's a bigger hit than I thought! I mean, I love it but I just didn't think it would be as embraced by the general population as it has!

2. Porfirio Landeros

Porfirio Landeros New Member

I'm glad we got to go live and see it when we did, then. I was also wondering how fun it would be toward the end of the season to watch if all the couples were gone except two... would it be as interesting as the first show, or more similar to and uncontested bronze event at a day session of the typical NDCA comp?

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I'll tell you after I go see the final! :wink:

4. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

:cry: :? :eyebrow:

5. Laura

Laura New Member

I'm going this week! :p

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yay! Have fun. It must be a totally different experience, live and in person. Enjoy. :D

7. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I'm jealous, Laura! Be sure to let us know what you're wearing so we can scope for you (something neon would be helpful!)

8. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Have fun, Laura! :D

9. Laura

Laura New Member

Oh god, I have to find something nice to wear. And I'm leaving in less than 24 hours (a friend and I are driving down to LA for it early tomorrow morning).

10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll find something nice to wear. :D

11. Laura

Laura New Member

I was hoping Porfirio would see this and tell me how women in the audience were dressed....

12. Porfirio Landeros

Porfirio Landeros New Member

Dressed Up! Cocktail dresses, guys wearing ties... a couple guys were wearing tux's, but I think that was a bit much.

Did you get the general seating from the website?

If so, you may consider some layers, depending on the weather, because you'll have to wait just outside the gate on the sidewalk, and that could mean in the hot LA sun (so sunblock and light clothes are in order), but once you're inside, the room is cooled.

I was fortunate enough to have someone I could wait with on the "inside", but, all that really meant was we got to wait in her car in the main parking lot and go in a little earlier - still, a lot of waiting. Pack some snacks and water :)

They said no camera phones, and they pass you through a metal detector, but I saw people taking pictures on the inside - no fair!

Anyway, have a safe drive.

13. Laura

Laura New Member

Thanks for the tips. It sounds like I should dress like people around here do for the "evening" sessions at the NDCA comps.

14. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

That was my impression as well.

15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Vicarious excitement. The sad, sad story of my life. But that's okay. I know those of you who go will represent DF well, and bring back unique perspectives. So I guess I won't complain. 8)

16. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun, but didn't seem worth the money to me. The celebrities don't float my boat, and I can see better dancing at the comps! It'll be fun to watch the show on tv though, if I ever have a night off to see it!