Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing With the Stars + The Bachelor/Bachelorette = Bachelor Pad Ballroom Contest

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Terpsichorean Clod, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

Dance: Foxtrot
    Coach: Chelsie Hightower
    Tenley (from The Bachelor, Season 14)
    Kiptyn (from The Bachelorette, Season 5)

Dance: Rumba
    Coach: Edyta Sliwinska
    Elizabeth (from The Bachelor, Season 14)
    Jesse Kovacs (from The Bachelorette, Season 5)
    Kovacs: "It's incredible. Edyta is SO hot. It's almost unbearable."
    Elizabeth: "Edyta is extremely sexy. I get a little twinge of jealousy every time she puts her hands up on my man. The first time that Edyta straddled him and looked at him with those eyes, I...I felt very insecure, actually."

Dance: Cha cha
    Coach: Louis Van Amstel
    Natalie (from The Bachelor, Season 13)
    David (from The Bachelorette, Season 5)
    Louis Van Amstel: "In the history of me teaching as a pro, I've never heard a woman ask, "Please grab my boobs. It's safer."

Judges:
    Melissa Rycroft (The Bachelor 13, DWTS 8 )
    Jake Pavelka (The Bachelorette 5, The Bachelor 14, DWTS 10)
    Trista Sutter (The Bachelor 1, The Bachelorette 1, DWTS 1)

(Someone gave the judges only paddles with scores 8 and higher... :rolleyes:)

[yt]hUDEN1PH3Hg[/yt]

[yt]Dyp8WEmzb6g[/yt]

[yt]ZAlTZUMX6YA[/yt]

2. lacey7

lacey7 New Member

This was painful to watch. So awkward... They only had one day to learn the dance though, not a full week like on dancing with the stars.

3. Terpsichorean Clod

Yes, and there wasn't a pro to compensate for the student.

4. old dog

old dog Member

A good point, TC. When a contestant gets lost on DWTS, the pro is always there to rescue them.

I think it would be at least interesting (if not too "painful") to have the DWTS contestants paired with each other for one or two weeks of the 'competition.' (More like the format of SYTYCD.)

This could reveal a lot more about the capabilities of the individual 'stars' and might also force (allow?) the pros to reduce the emphasis on 'flash and splash' performance elements and concentrate more on the basic characteristics and techniques of the dance.

I would like to see this, but would the producers think it had enough entertainment value?

5. Terpsichorean Clod

Imagine if last season's Kate had gotten paired with another "star". Someone who craved the spotlight just as much and was under no obligation to behave professionally. I like watching trainwrecks. :cool: