Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing With the Stars--Week 2

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by TemptressToo, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

Previous Dancing With the Stars Discussions
    Preshow and Week 1 Discussion
    Week 1 Poll
    Week 2 Discussion
    Week 2 Poll
    Week 3
    Week 4
    Week 5
    Finale

Soundtrack
    Judges & Contestants
    In the News
    Music
    Sold Out
    Free Tickets

Ok, tonight is the night. Just prepping up this thread for those of us that will watch and pop on during commercial breaks. I'm sure they will announce who "would" have been voted off if they were doing so last week. But for the most part, it will be a clean slate. It will be interesting to see who improves and if the pro's rework their idea of creating routines in light of what the judges looked at last week.

So, I guess I'll see so me of you here later in the day. ;)

2. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

I work with non-dancers. They all know I do swing, and of the group of 70 workers on my floor, at least half have caught me practicing at some point in the copy room or elevator banks.

Well imagine my surprize when it's only 11am and random co-workers keep coming up to me asking if I watched last weeks show and how much they enjoyed it and are looking forward to tonight.

The love Joey and John.

They all think it's fantastic how this was put together and know the dancing isn't the greatest, but still think it's cool.

Oh how I wish I had a TV now!

3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Go buy one, some models are very inexpensive. Or, go over to a friend's house this evening who owns a TV. :D

4. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

Nah, I'll go out dancing tonight instead...why watch when I can do!

There are a few sites that have the performances online, so I've seen those, just not the training inbetween.

5. breathedance

breathedance New Member

I think it's interesting that I have seen a lot more promotion on TV and on the radio in the last couple of days for this week's show than for last weeks - maybe they were impressed enough with the ratings to put more advertising money into it!

6. Medira

Medira New Member

It makes sense. I wouldn't think that advertisers would want to fork out a lot of advertising money on something that may become a flop.

7. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a single ad this week, but then again, I don't watch much ABC (Six Feet Under just started - woo hoo!). I'm very excited. I put one beer (I need to behave as I have a lesson early tomorrow) in the fridge getting nice and chilled for tonight!

8. chandra

chandra New Member

tonight is west coast wednesday so i wont be able to see it. Im taping though ;)

9. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Well now we know it is supposed to be International style!

10. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

Joey just got told that he needs to take SMALLER steps! In quickstep! Whaaa....??

11. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I liked the first rumba a lot... But I can't judge latin too well ..

12. Katarzyna

Trista's rumba was a lot better than the waltz... She managed to smile... but she was still stiff... Not much emotion...

13. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

Trista was so stiff in the beginning. I'm glad she warmed up a bit toward the end.

14. Katarzyna

Poor Trista, they will most likely be the first couple out...

15. ACtenDance

ACtenDance Active Member

The training clips are much better this week

16. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

So far I am actually very please with how much progress everyone has made since last week. The women are obviously more comfortable and Joey was very cute again.
    John made a few minor missteps but Charlotte the ever professional Pro was able to rearrange her feet to accomodate.

17. kansas49er

kansas49er New Member

Knowing absolutely nothing about Ballrooom, I can only say that the first Rumba was the most interesting and exciting dance. THe quickstep just I just wanted to be over, the last rumba, the lady exuded indifference, and the male dance with himself

18. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

John and Charlotte were awesome again! :banana:

19. Katarzyna

Really liked how peaceful looking Charlotte's and John's quickstep really was... Didn't look out of control but still had energy...

Charlotte is such an amasing Standard dancer. Funny how her real personality shows in this show... I guess John had a really good partner :)

I guess I am not hiding how much I like her dancing. She did a great job with John. :D :D

20. kansas49er

kansas49er New Member

That was really great! ALmost makes me want to take up ballroom! ALmost, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.