Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing With the Stars--Week 3

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by TemptressToo, Jun 15, 2005.

?

Who gets your vote?

1. John OHurley and Charlotte Jorgensen

100.0%
  2. Joey McIntyre and Ashly DelGrosso

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kelly Monaco and Alec Mezo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rachel Hunter and Jonathan Roberts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

2. Laura

Laura New Member

I don't know, I think there's lots of ways to make a tango look super dramatic and fabulous to a non-dancing audience without the dancers actually having to do a lot of dancing -- lots of kicks and head shaking, drags and oversways and drops and all that sort of thing.

3. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

have practice tonight, but I will be watching it on tape tomorrow night.
    Let's see if I can actually hold myself and not read this until I watch the show.....

that's going to be hard..... :shock:

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Just watch it on tape immediately when you get home, whenever that is. Sleep, be darned. :lol: :lol:

5. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Evander really looks cute. . even if the judges thought he was bad.. I think he was fun to watch. And he does have rhythm, you can see it oozing from him. He just isn't quite fast and sharp enough. But definately cute.

6. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Finally part 3 :))

Evander was so much fun to watch, but as judges mentioned, it didn't look much like jive... As someone mentioned before, definitely he's dealing with "soul man syndrome" :D

He is really into it, and I think the audience might like it... He looks like a normal person dancing and having fun, rather than a dancer...

7. Katarzyna

Definitely agree with this :)

8. Larinda McRaven

WHAT???

They said Rachel was EXCELLENT and had good posture :shock: :shock:

Her score was not accurate!!! She wasn't bad, but she was NOT worth 9's.

9. Katarzyna

Ranchel and Jonathan looked like they are doing argentine tango rather than ballroom. Didn't look like tango to me... Not very sharp at all... Don't like the choice of music... I liked Rachel in all the other dances, but not the tango...

Don't agree with the judges marks... There were some nice things, but overall I didn't like the tango performance..

10. Katarzyna

I think judges are just trying to keep her in the show konwing she's one of the better dancers, but she doesn't have the support of the audience...

11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

When she was done, I said (out loud, to no one in particular) "some nice poses, and sloppy dancing." That's honestly my first reaction. 8,9,9? Uhhh...

12. Katarzyna

The jive by Alec and Kelly wasn't bad. Some little problems here and there, but I do agree with Alec, it was her best dance so far... A lot better than the waltz and rumba.

13. Larinda McRaven

Wow, good for her, Kelly finally did not look scared!! She had good leg action and this definately was a good dance for her.

Considering her other dances were slow and this one is fast... I guess slow sustained movements are not her "thang".

14. Big10

Big10 Member

As a "regular Joe" with extremely limited Tango experience, I thought the music was inappropriate....but I also thought that Rachel did really well. Honestly, I was surprised she didn't get 9's across the board. :?

15. Larinda McRaven

Once again, great job for John. I wasn't sure who was leading the promenade snaps sometimes though.

16. Katarzyna

I liked John and Charlotta, but I liked them more in quickstep... John had tough time with his shoulders... It was falling apart a bit, but Charlotta was able to make them look like they were staying together....

17. Katarzyna

I think she danced well, but she didn't dance Tango.... In my opinion...

18. Larinda McRaven

yes, both tangos were pop songs... which I am sure the producers were assuming would be better for the home audience to appreciate, rather than strict tempo competitve tangos by Ross Mitchell or Tony Evans.

19. Wow! What a fun show! I'm sorry I missed the last 2 weeks :( I wonder how many hours of practice they do in 1 week? I'd put in 100 if I could!

20. Larinda McRaven

Joey was fun again, but if he had worn tan shoes and socks his bad foot actions would have been more hidden.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.