Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dancing with the Stars---Week 4

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Larinda McRaven, Jun 22, 2005.

?

who would you vote for to keep around after this episode?

1. Joey & Ashley

100.0%
  2. John & Charlotte

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kelly & Alec

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

2. Ashley

Ashley New Member

I agree with you, Larinda--I was amazed by how much his posture had improved. On a random note, Ashly has an amazing smile!

Didn't like "tequila" for their music though. Wanted something with more rhythm!

3. Larinda McRaven

What is up with the judges oozing all over Rachel? It iwas just okay, the tempo was rather slow and she almost fell, right before the promenade/counter-promenade runs she actually looked like she forgot the choreography...

4. Ashley

Ashley New Member

Aaaa! I didn't prefer Rachel's samba at all, even without any boo-boos.

I agree with Carrie-Ann--it definitely had some flashy dips and moves, but the basic moves were boring. Even the shakes weren't very interesting.

It really did remind me of Austin Powers (the movie theme that was played) in that it seemed like a parody, rather than a sexy, fun dance.

I think that the judge on the right just likes Rachel. :p

5. I thought Joey & Ashley did better this week than Rachel & Johnathan. But, the judges obviously disagreed.

6. Larinda McRaven

For the first time... I am disappointed with Johns performance.

7. Shannon

Shannon New Member

I thought Rachel's samba was just awful!!! I don't understand the judges on that one.

8. I agree.

9. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Me too. I kept thinking train wreck. Either he didn't feel the samba or maybe he's over-thinking it. Not sure what's going on, but he's way off his game tonight, IMO. :(

10. Larinda McRaven

She has a great smile and great stage appeal! I have been really impressed with her over the weeks.

11. pygmalion

Yes. I agree. She was gorgeous, even when she was getting disappointing scores. Her smile looks real, regardless. Wow. Good stuff. 8) :D

12. Larinda McRaven

WARDROBE MALFUNCTION!!! I coould barely watch the dancing. I kept waiting to see how she managed her top. She kept a hand on it most of the time. And occasionally just threw caution to the wind and let go and went all out.

Alecs shirt is awesome.

13. Kelly's? Something must have happened because she reached midway thru the dance to make sure nothing jumped out. Would have made some nice ratings! :shock: sorry

All in all, Kelly did a great job. I think she could have tucked in the tummy a little though, IMO.

14. Larinda McRaven

Joey and Ashley are SO FUN! Fun Viennese although rather frantic.

15. Yeah, I thought they did really well. The judges seemed to have already made up their mind to eliminate them.

I think all of the dancers did pretty well, but I felt Rachel's performance was the weakest this time.

16. Larinda McRaven

Yes, I think the judges have already got it set in their minds that he goes home. He can't get a nice word from them at all.

17. Larinda McRaven

oopps I guess we got that wrong.

18. Wow. That was a surprise. Rachel was really sad. I think she's going to miss her dance partner more than anything.

19. pygmalion

:lol: This was the first time I really liked Rachel. She looked sexy, like she had a feel for the dance, to me. *shrug* Maybe she got eliminated because of last week. :?

Either way, next week promises to be can't-miss material. :lol: :lol: Off to cast my vote. :car:

20. Big10

Big10 Member

WARNING -- NON-BALLROOM PERSON INTRUDING ON DISCUSSION! 8)

I actually liked John's performance, and I thought their musical interpretation was very nice. Maybe I just don't have a good enough idea of what "Ballroom Samba" is supposed to look like. :?:

Here is how I would have ranked the couples for their Samba:

1. John & Charlotte
    2. Joey & Ashly
    3. Kelly & Alec
    4. Rachel & Johnathan

Even though I ranked Rachel low this week, I was REALLY surprised to see her go. :shock: I felt bad when she started crying. :cry: I just never thought that Joey's fan base was large enough to overcome the last-place scores for this week, especially since I didn't think Joey performed well enough last week to get many extra votes from the "general" audience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.