Event Announcements > Dcdi 2006

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by IlyZislin, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Anna

Anna New Member

Oh, we need USABDA memberships? Aren't most bronze/silver-level collegiate competitors not members though? I know memberships aren't that much, but it's an added expense for possibly the only USABDA competition they go to in the year...I guess it's good to be USABDA members though...

2. favera

favera New Member

I have to say that the schedule for the champ section looks a bit strange. Basically, 10-dancers are in the bad situation unless they are doing pre-champ latin and standard (I guess a pre-champ person made the schedule ;)). For the champ, the schedule looks like this: champ standard semi, then champ latin final, then champ standard final. That is a lot of costume changes!

For the pre-champ standard events, the breaks are 10 min. Isn’t it less than allowed by USA Dance?

3. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

I am not sure, but I doubt what you see on the website is final schedule given that registration isn't even open...

4. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

5. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

The detailed schedule that's up is from last year. They set those details specifically to accomodate which people were dancing in multiple styles and multiple levels based on that registration. The 10 minute break was in there before there was any recognition from USA Dance. I'm sure there will be a new detailed schedule this year based on who is dancing what and adhering to any restrictions placed by USA Dance.

6. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

7. skwiggy

It is now.

8. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

I will have our webmaster post a note about the Open schedule. It all depends on what competitors register for. The schedule on the website is from last year (some people were cross registered and made things difficult :) )

9. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

Actually, surprisingly a lot of Bronze+ dancers are USABDA (errr, USA Dance) members. Between, MAC, NJDSC, and Triangle (in NC), and NCC in Ohio a lot of them have to ahve memberships. The membership is indeed extra $20 bucks, but once you have it, you have it for a year, and this way they will be able to go to (in your case MAC and NJDSC since you are close).

10. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

That is the registration site... webmaster forgot to fix all the links, but thanks to Ithink and skwiggy it should be all fixed now.

11. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

12. Anna

Anna New Member

Ok, fair enough. I guess this will be a good excuse for our team to jump on the bandwagon, then.

13. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

You are at Princeton right?

14. Anna

Anna New Member

Yes. MAC falls during 1st semester exams and Spring Fling has been during spring break for the past year or two, so most of us aren't USA Dance members. I didn't realize that most collegiate bronze people are members, though, somehow I was under the impression that they mostly stuck to collegiate comps.

15. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

Right, as I mentioned, a lot of schools on the east coast that are north of DC go to the MAC / NJDSC, those south go to Triangle, and a lot go to NCC in Ohio. Which you guys should definitely come to as well - after all you get to go watch Ohio Star Ball and dance yourselves :)

16. Musique

Musique New Member

No same sex couple this year?

17. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

They mostly aren't north of NY... but from NY down through the mid-atlantic region there is more reason to be a member.

18. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

Yeah... sorry. However, newcomer girls will get partners from the bronze leaders who did not make the first cut.

19. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

just registered :)

20. skwiggy

Ditto.