Event Announcements > Dcdi 2006

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by IlyZislin, Sep 13, 2006.

1. tunape

tunape New Member

perhaps MIT comp should learn from your "competitor limiting" technique. :)

anyone else want to hold a comp the same weekend besides Regionals? maybe harvard? ;)

2. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

LOL - I'm guessing NE regionsals would have bit more of an impact on MIT than SE Regionals are having on DCDI.

3. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

So any idea on the rest of the juding panel. Having only 5 judges seems like a total overload for those poor people having to sift among 100 newcomers! Yikes!

4. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

Judges

List of Judges will be posted shortly - a bit behind here... sorry.

5. Marli

Marli New Member

Hellooo! I'm a baby dancer on Anna's team and will be in MD this weekend as well. I thought it was about time I stopped lurking about. Um... I'm so psyched that I almost can't concentrate on midterms this week!

6. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Welcome, Marli and good luck (both at the comp and on your midterms)!

7. Anna

Anna New Member

Hey Marli, I'm glad you've decided to come out of your lurking! (and you won't be a baby dancer for long I'm sure)

8. Anna

Anna New Member

By the way if anyone is driving from the NJ area and might be able to take a couple extra people, it'd be terrific if you could let me know. Of course we can pay for a portion of the gas, etc. and get them to wherever would be good to get picked up.

9. Kitty

Kitty New Member

So how does it work to dance both prechamp standard and latin?

does it result in impossible costume and shoe changes? or does it actually work?

10. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

It works :) At the cost of me not getting any sleep at all last night - and advice from friends, include DFers (THANK YOU). Schedule will be posted shortly, I promise.

11. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

Welcome Marli - definitely say hello at the comp!

--Ily.

12. ACtenDance

ACtenDance Active Member

AHH!! Thought I was going to be able to make it to DCDI, but last minute stuff means Kayla and I can't come. Oh well, I guess someone else can win PreChamp Latin and Standard ;) j/k Good luck to everyone this weekend, and I'd like to make a request that someone try to get some videos of PreChamp Latin and Standard and the professional show on YouTube. Please!?!?! :)

13. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

Angelo, we'll miss you and Kayla! Send Ameet an email re:video - I think he maybe the right man for the job :)

14. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

champ too :oops: :oops:

15. Kitty

Kitty New Member

By the, if anyone wants to tryout, please find me at DCDI. ( I will be there on Friday night, all Saturday, and probably Sunday). I will be with the NYU team. For those who don't know me, ask NYU team.

I am looking for a standard, latin or 10-dance partner.
    prechamp or champ in standard,
    gold or prechamp in latin.

I will consider long distance partnerships (though I prefer a partner from or in NY metro area).

16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

What happened to your last partner?

17. Musique

Musique New Member

Just back from the evening session. Great job, Ily! It was well organized, we stayed on time. The dress room and practice floor are very convenient. Everybody enjoyed the quickstep show dance by Slava and Katya. 5 minutes of standing ovation. DCDI is my favorite comp, and it's getting even better every year!

18. Katarzyna

Got back last night 4:30 am :) have to say the competition was really well organized. btw, was Dcdi one of the first comps to use the LCD screen to announce recalls etc. a lot of competitions copied that idea and it's great...

19. tendancer

tendancer Member

results? :D

20. Katarzyna

std
    1us
    2 grace
    3 stacey
    4 reeves and brook
    5 miguel alina
    6??