Dancers Anonymous > Dear Ndugu

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Oct 2, 2003.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I just saw that movie "About Schmidt". He decides to sponsor a starving child in Africa and the documentation encourages him to write the child to create a personal friendship. I couldn't stop laughing when he started going off about all the problems with his wife and marriage.

What would you say if you wrote a "Dear Ndugu" letter?

2. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Not even a clue...

In a first letter, I would perhaps ask LOTS of questions to find out more about the person I was writing to...their likes, dislikes, hobbies, etc.

If he/she responded back with a second letter, I imagine he/she would have similar questions. I would respond back with my answers and ask more questions about the details he/she disclosed.

This is, of course, all in theory as I am a HORRIBLE penpal. :cry: Just too laze to spend the time writing. :oops:

3. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

What movie is this again? Could you repeat the question?

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

It's About Schmidt (sp?) that Jack Nicholson movie where he has an emotional crisis. I haven't seen it yet. Looks like I've got more forums homework. Maybe I'll watch it on pay per view while I'm doing the laundry. :D

5. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Dear Ngudu,

The Dance Forums website was down again this morning. I'm getting fed up with this host. Then when they came up there was this stupid error about the Sessions table. Running a website can be a pain in the butt sometimes.

...this is kind of what I had in mind...the opportunity to rant about your life problems.

BTW, does anyone know of a reputable organization to help children like Ngudu? Maybe we could set up a fundraiser. I'm pretty sure I can set up a paypal button to donate. Let me know what you think of this idea.

6. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

I noticed the forum was down this morning...I almost had a coronary! Just kidding.

I think that's a great idea! I would love to contribute to something like that. Let's look into it. :)

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Dear Ndugu,

I set my alarm for 3:00AM to log in for my usual Insomniacs R Us fix. Alas, when I attempted to reach the dance-forums website, IT WAS DOWN! :cry: And it didn't come up until after breakfast this morning. Woe is me.

8. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Awesome idea!!!! I'll see what I can find and get back to ya.