Dancers Anonymous > "Deathly Hallows" Anticipation Group!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Twilight_Elena, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

This thread is referring to "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", coming out this Saturday, 21st July. Obviously. ;)
    Since the last book is coming out this Saturday, I thought we could start a thread to see who's getting it, who's DYING to get it (and thus spending all night outside the bookstore in a camping tent), and what we think of it after we read it. Please be careful with the spoilers (I've read that there are some going around the web). I think that it would be safe to start posting spoilers about the book a week after its publication. I should think that any hardcore fan will have read it by then. :rolleyes:
    I'm going to get it Saturday morning, as early as possible. I think the bookstore (which is the biggest one downtown) is holding some sort of event as well, giving out special editions to some lucky fans and everything.
    Fire away!

T_E

2. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered the book. Never understood why people would camp out at a bookstore when you can pre-order online.

I plan to read the book as slowly as possible, because once it's over, I won't have any more Harry Potter to look forward to--save for the movies. I probably won't read this thread until I'm done with the book once people start posting spoilers.

3. tj

tj New Member

The local BJ's Wholesale Club is never crowded, so I'm hoping to pick up a copy of Deathly Hallows there. I don't want to camp out for it, lol.

I'm also trying to keep away from spoilers, too.

4. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Mine is supposed to come in the mail Saturday. I will be on tenterhooks all day at work.

And yes--someone from a bookstore or library scanned the entire thing and it's now available on-line. I am now even paranoid about reading my friendslist on LJ.

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

dh and dtr will be in line at midnight for a book(AND SHE HAS IT PRE-OREDERED)...and she wants me to buy dbl shot espressos so she can stay up all night to read it...and...uh...she informed me that I have no business calling anyone else obsessive...why does she have to be so smart like that?

6. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

ah yes Phyory Rattle and the Shallow Thread!!

7. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Pre-ordered it for DH for his birthday. Was stupid and didn't pre-order two copies. So I'll be hovering impatiently waiting for him to finish reading it so I can.

I like the idea of the coffee...maybe I'll keep a good pot brewed. Hmmm...prolly not...he's not supposed to drink it for health reasons. I guess I'll just have to make turkey, or some other sleep-inducing something for him, and drink the coffee myself, that way I can read while he sleeps.

We have both cleared our calendar for this weekend, so as to be able to read it.

8. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

*******Spoiler Alert*********

I know who dies. Highlight the next line with your cursor and you'll see the answer in white font ;)

-------

-------

9. Twilight_Elena

But.. but.. the anticipation! The waiting! The grabbing the book off the big stack/shelf and paying for it with real money! That's part of the experience! :D

T_E

10. Twilight_Elena

Yikes! For a minute there, I got really freaked out, Quix.

T_E

11. skwiggy

This makes me think that the "spoiler" is a joke, but I'm still not going to look for fear of an actual spoiler!!

12. Tori

Tori New Member

The books ending supposedly got leaked on the net, spoiling it for thousands of people. Here's the New York Times article: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/us/18potter.html?ref=us

Reminds me of when HBP came out, like the day after, some moron walked down the street wearing a t-shirt that said "Dumbledore dies! Page blah blach blah"

How classless...

13. skwiggy

If I click on the NY Times article link, will it be spoiled?

14. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

you can always check the spoiler i posted ;)

if someone tells you that the nytimes article does not have any spoilers or even hints, should you really believe them? what if they are lying? ...

15. skwiggy

So cruel. :p

16. Tori

Tori New Member

Nah.
    It's clean.
    It just rambles on about how thousands of people no longer need to buy the book coz it was COMPLETELY ruined for them. The only thing it tells you is that the end was revealed. It gived you the option of looking at some of the supposedly "real"pages, but ya don't have to.

17. Twilight_Elena

Quix's spoiler is a joke, everyone. Just so you don't have a heart attack. ;)

T_E

18. tj

tj New Member

That's it - I'm keeping away from all Harry Potter news until I finish the book. :) :rolleyes:

19. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

DH better not pull any of his "I want to finish one book before starting another" crap, is all I'm saying. Especially since he's only about 1/3 of the way into Atlas Shrugged. I don't have that kind of patience.

20. Twilight_Elena

Oh, me too. I'm not spoiling the last book, after ten years of HP!

T_E